Open DYP, 2/2/2012, 8:00 pm

  • SFFoos@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 7:56 PM
      Reminder from: SFFoos Yahoo! Group

      Title: Open DYP

      Date: Thursday February 2, 2012
      Time: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
      Repeats: This event repeats every other week.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 12 hours, 3 minutes.
      Location: Kennedy's

    • SFFoos@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2 8:01 AM

        Date: Thursday February 2, 2012
        Time: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
        Repeats: This event repeats every other week.
        Location: Kennedy's

      • John Biundo
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2 8:34 AM

          Hi all,

          I missed last week while sick, but I will be there tonight, and will try to be there every Thursday night between now and Vegas except for 2 weeks that I’ll be traveling, and I’ll try to arrange someone else to run those two weeks.

          As you know, attendance has been spotty.  I’ve talked about doing various things to try to get better attendance; we’ve got a few ideas, and we’ll probably put one or more of them in play after Vegas.

          A couple of notes to keep in mind:

          -          If you’re planning to come, please do let people know

          -          Remember that usually half or more of the people who show up don’t post they’re coming, so don’t judge turnout solely by how many people have declared!

          -          I’d like to ask that we try to keep from getting into the “I said I was coming earlier, but now only 2 people have posted they’re coming, so I’m not going to come” dynamic, as that really tends to keep people away.  That’s not a comment about any one person – I’ve even done it myself, and I think we all need to avoid it.

          -          If you’re going to Vegas, you should come out!  Even if you only come out for pickups.  There are 3 tables (and I promise to get the 3rd one into playable shape if it’s needed), and it will be entirely possible to play pickup games even if we are running a tournament.

          -          My attitude is the countdown to Vegas has begun.  For me, even if only one other person shows up, it’s still better to practice live than home by myself.  So I’ll be there!  Even if it’s just me – hell, I get to drink Great White on tap and eat some decent Indian food and still practice!

          So, who else is a definite for tonight??????

          John

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2 8:36 AM
            Anybody planning to come out?

            If there is a strong response, I'll make my way out..

            --- In SFFoos@yahoogroups.com, SFFoos@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > Reminder from: SFFoos Yahoo! Group
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFFoos/cal
            >
            > Open DYP
            > Thursday February 2, 2012
            > 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
            > (This event repeats every other week.)
            > Location: Kennedy's
            >
            > All Rights Reserved
            > Copyright © 2012
            > Yahoo! Inc.
            > http://www.yahoo.com
            >
            > Privacy Policy:
            > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us
            >
            > Terms of Service:
            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Jeramie Richardson
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2 8:37 AM
              yeah wife and i were off last friday so i had to catch tahoe once anyways but ill be there