RE: [SFFoos] RE: [siliconvalleyfoos] IFP switching from Tornado to Warrior.

  • Mohammed Uddin
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 21, 2008
      But still Fredrico won OS, OD, and i think OM and end up taking like 18-19k for the weekend. Bastard :)

      To: sffoos@yahoogroups.com
      From: farid110@...
      Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:43:50 +0000
      Subject: RE: [SFFoos] RE: [siliconvalleyfoos] IFP switching from Tornado to Warrior.

      Sweet.

      Hey Ted, i know you and Adam won Am dubs but haven't received the tables yet huh...haha :)

      That's the tourney when me and serge placed 2nd in Pro/Am dubs and beat pretty good teams including fedrico twice in winners and loosers and end up playing our finals at 6am but it was all worth-it.

      To: SFFoos@yahoogroups. com
      From: tmack13@earthlink. net
      Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:32:43 -0700

      Yeah...  Already gave my 2 cents up on the forum about that whole thing....   Grrrr...

      -t

      ============ ===

      Yes i played on Warrior couple years ago when Brendan threw that 200K tournament at RIO in Vegas.

      All i can say is Crap, very light, instead of Ramps inside the table they have plastic pipes where balls get stuck every time you score then you have to shake the table to get the balls out. It's like a Toy table for kids.

      I was cracking up when i see pretty much everyone shaking the tables in the room.

      I still remember, Dan Tyvoll, Adam Gilson and 2 other guys playing 2 ball roller ball and after few hours the table was in 3 pieces...haha

      Serge was there as well, he might be able to give you better insight.

      Mo

      To: siliconvalleyfoos@ yahoogroups. com; Sffoos@yahoogroups. com; paloaltofoos@ yahoogroups. com
      From: mdoughty@gmail. com
      Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:17:10 -0700

      That is the current plan anyway.  I know very little about the table other than that the first model had flaws.

      Doesn't seem like a very viable choice unless the warrior table plays pretty much like the tornado since there are no warrior tables anywhere anyone plays. I don't imagine everyone is going to go and buy a table just to so they can practice for IFP tournaments, but maybe I'm wrong. I would imagine that it will improve turnout at the Vegas tournaments if they are the only Tornado game in town.

      I think they are targeting KY for the first real tournament on Warrior. I guess some people will eventually get the tables they won at the Warrior tournament since it seems like Brendan finally found a new manufacturer.

    • Toothpick Ted
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 21, 2008
        Re: [SFFoos] RE: [siliconvalleyfoos] IFP switching from Tornado to Warrior.
        I would have played Fredrico in the finals of Goalie Wars, but on MeatNut of the semi-final match (against Todd Lafrado), I pinched the ball with my goalie and it shot right into my own goal.  Damn... It was a $100 ball...  (the difference between 2nd and 3rd).  Grrrrrr....

        The only good thing I have to say about the Warrior Tourny....  The Rio!!!!  At least it wasn’t at the Riv!!!!   :-)

        I’ll just say... “F” Brendan and “F” Horton...

        -T

         ------

        But still Fredrico won OS, OD, and i think OM and end up taking like 18-19k for the weekend. Bastard :)

        To: sffoos@yahoogroups.com
        From: farid110@...
        Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:43:50 +0000

        To: SFFoos@yahoogroups.com