Re: I have a situation that I need help with

  • Elisa Aurora
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2008

      Ciao,
      Great advice! As for me & my best friend since 8yrs old, is a devout Christian as well. We have long since decided to agree to disagree, and steer clear from any subject with religion in it. Otherwise we probably wouldn't be friends right now.

      She believes the way she believes, and I believe the way I believe, we see that as separate from our friendship, which is why we have lasted as friends for so long. When I'm having problems, she doesn't tell me that I should pray to God, & I never tell her to be more open minded to Paganism. It's just the way we have been for years.

      She honestly believes Paganism is wrong, for her that is. She won't take it upon herself to go judging everyone else around her by their beliefs. She likes the don't ask don't tell her about it policy LOL. She could care less what someone believes, because she feels she doesn't have the right to tell others they are going to "Hell", even if she thinks they will for not being Christian.

      She doesn't judge me for being Pagan, and she's even my daughter's Godmother. She doesn't take my daughter to church with her (LOL not that Beth would go, unless kicking and screaming...You just have to know Beth to understand that haha)

      And her and my daughter are like glue when together. She's close to me like my own family. We've come to a happy medium. And because we both have such opposite views on religion, we just as soon keep it out of our frienship alltogether.

      But that's just an example from my friendship with my best friend....

      Benedetta sia,
      Elisa Aurora

      --- In SEMOPCC@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Murphy <ekm1975@...> wrote:
      Tell your friend that if he can't walk with you in the way Christ walked with everyone he was in contact with no matter their class, belief, gender, or whatever, he isn't walking in the way of the Lord he believes in and is committing just as much sin as you are according to his belief system.  I am a Christian in the Episcopal church and I consider Mel a very good friend because of who she is.  Even if I choose to be Christian, I still keep an open mind to the beliefs of others and follow my belief of not judging.  That is not my job.  Acceptance is, and that is what will truly make a sound world, not dividing it because of beliefs and color and age or any other prejudices people want to surround themselves with.  My suggestion is to let him know that you respect him for being true to himself, but if he is a true friend, he would respect you and support you in your venture of life and let the Lord he believes in be HIS guiding judge.