Re: Special Presentation February 25th on Arctic Marine Mammals

  • amy
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
      Love Kristin's presentation. Was even more fun for Isaac to open up his new issue of Ask magazine and see an article on on her and her work.

      Thanks again Kristin!!!!

      Amy

      --- In SEAhomeschoolSWCC@yahoogroups.com, "Erica" <family.forrest@...> wrote:

      > We are happy to announce a Special Slide Show Presentation on
      > "Studying Arctic Marine Mammals"
      >
      > Given by:
      > Kristin Laidre
      > Polar Science Center,
      > University of Washington
      >
      > Friday, February 25th 2:30-3:30
      > SWCC
      > $2 per person/$6 maximum per family
      > Cost covers room and will be used to purchase supplies for the Family Learning Program. Kristin is generously donating her time and talents.
      >
      > Hope you can join us!

    • Cathy Boeker
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
        We loved Kristin's presentation too.  I googled "Kristin Laidre Polar Science Center" and learned a lot more about her and her amazing career.  How inspirational!!

        Cathy Boeker

        Love Kristin's presentation. Was even more fun for Isaac to open up his new issue of Ask magazine and see an article on on her and her work.

        Thanks again Kristin!!!!

        Amy

        --- In SEAhomeschoolSWCC@yahoogroups.com, "Erica" <family.forrest@...> wrote:

        > We are happy to announce a Special Slide Show Presentation on
        > "Studying Arctic Marine Mammals"
        >
        > Given by:
        > Kristin Laidre
        > Polar Science Center,
        > University of Washington
        >
        > Friday, February 25th 2:30-3:30
        > SWCC
        > $2 per person/$6 maximum per family
        > Cost covers room and will be used to purchase supplies for the Family Learning Program. Kristin is generously donating her time and talents.
        >
        > Hope you can join us!

      • Erica Forrest
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
          I would also like to thank Davonna Cufley for inviting Kristin and making all of the arrangements and Cathy Boeker for bringing the projector!  I appreciate you creating such a great opportuity for our families.  I am also grateful for your efforts to enhance our community at SWCC and help us grow it into a place where all members of our families can joyfully learn together!  Thanks ladies!

          Erica

          P.S.  We plan to go to the PSC on Saturday, hope we see some of you there!

          On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:01 AM, amy <aljohnsnw@...> wrote:

          Love Kristin's presentation. Was even more fun for Isaac to open up his new issue of Ask magazine and see an article on on her and her work.

          Thanks again Kristin!
          Amy

          --- In SEAhomeschoolSWCC@yahoogroups.com, "Erica" <family.forrest@...> wrote:

          > We are happy to announce a Special Slide Show Presentation on
          > "Studying Arctic Marine Mammals"
          >
          > Given by:
          > Kristin Laidre
          > Polar Science Center,
          > University of Washington
          >
          > Friday, February 25th 2:30-3:30
          > SWCC
          > $2 per person/$6 maximum per family
          > Cost covers room and will be used to purchase supplies for the Family Learning Program. Kristin is generously donating her time and talents.
          >
          > Hope you can join us!

        • Connie Watts
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
            We just loved it as well!  I think would be awesome if we could as a group strive to do these kinds lectures from time to time. It was fun to have everyone in the room!

            Sent from my iPhone

          • davonnacufley@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2011
              I wish I could have been there! We thought we could get more families involved if we did afternoon, and my husband and I switched off mid-day when I left for work, so I actually missed the lecture, and seeing everyone, although my family enjoyed it.

              I was thinking we could do a thank-you card for Kristin - I can bring a large piece of cardstock this Friday and put out on one of the tables, or perhaps an artistically-minded kid has something we could use? Comments from the kids would probably be appreciated.

              Thanks!
              Davonna