SDVSF: October - "H.G. WELLS' THINGS TO COME (1936)

  • Gerry Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2010
      Hi, All:

      I've just updated the SDVSF website to reflect this month's screening of:

      H. G. WELLS' THINGS TO COME
      (UK 1936) 100 minutes

      A story of 100 years: A decades-long second world war leaves plague and
      anarchy, then a rational state rebuilds civilization and attempts space
      travel.

      NOTE: Colorized by Ray Harryhausen

      Also Showing:

      SUPERMAN Serial
      Episode #2
      (USA, 1948)

      ... and ...

      A vintage SUPERMAN cartoon
      (USA, 1941-1943)

      Saturday, October 16, 2010
      7:00PM - 10:30PM (approx)

      See y'all there!

      :-J

      Gerry Williams
      Director/Director of Photography
      Film - Video - Photography
      Studio 106 - The Art Union Building
      2323 Broadway - San Diego, CA 92102
      619.RAD.FILM (619.723.3456)
      http://www.filmist.com/
      __
      "Living on Earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun."
    • CatWhisperer
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2010
        Hmmm, colorized.  I'll put on my B&W glasses, or maybe turn down the saturation on your projector....

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2010
            Well, Harryhausen made black & white movies because he couldn't afford color.  That wasn't really the issue with Things To Come, that's my feeling on it.

            But I'm a snob, so we'll vote.

            They'll be a really tall guy named Mark coming to the movie.