Re: [SDVSF] March 2010 - THE WOLF MAN (1941)

  • Gerry Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010
      Re: [SDVSF] March 2010 - THE WOLF MAN (1941) Hi, all:

      A reminder that today is the last day to vote in the poll for this month’s SDVSF screening of:

          THE WOLF MAN (1941) with Lon Chaney

      Unfortunately, I'm tied up on a video job on the third Saturday of March and my studio will be unavailable for the screening that day. We need to shift the SDVSF screening to either the second or fourth Saturday of the
      month, March 13th or March 27th. Please vote in the POLL at:

          http://doodle.com/gd3rscgcq4xsgfre

      Poll will close tonight on Friday, March 5th.

      Currently the poll shows 4:1  in favor of Saturday the 13th.

      Thanx!

      :-J

      Gerry Williams
      Director/Director of Photography
      Film - Video - Photography
      Studio 106 - The Art Union Building
      2323 Broadway - San Diego, CA 92102
      619.RAD.FILM   (619.723.3456)
      http://www.filmist.com/
      __
      "Living on Earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun."

      On 2/21/10 12:55 PM, "Gerry Williams" <filmist@...> wrote:

      Hi, All:

      Last night's presentation of THE GREEN SLIME (1968) was a blast.  We had 11
      people overall, and watched movie trailers, the BATMAN serial (1943), and
      POPEYE THE SAILOR MEETS SINDBAD THE SAILOR (1936) cartoon as well.
      _____

      Following our standard format, next month we'll be alternating with a
      "classic" (versus a "cheesy") film:

      THE WOLF MAN (1941) with Lon Chaney

      I HAVE A Universal Legacy Collection DVD of THE WOLF MAN films.

      Unfortunately, I'll be tied up on a video job on the third Saturday of March
      and my studio will be unavailable for the screening that day. We'll need to
      shift the SDVSF screening to either the second or fourth Saturday of the
      month, March 13th or March 27th.  Please vote in the POLL at:

      http://doodle.com/gd3rscgcq4xsgfre

      Poll will close on Friday, March 5th.
      _____

      April's SDVSF event will screen INVASION OF THE SAUCER MEN (1957)

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_the_Saucer_Men
      _____

      We'd talked about screening Fritz Lang's METROPOLIS (1927) for May 2010, but
      a new "rediscovered" version (at 145 minutes long) will be available in
      December 2010.  I currently own the 2001 Restored Authorized Edition (124
      minutes).  It was the general consensus that we hold off and screen the
      latest edition when it becomes available -- let me know what you think about
      this.
      _____

      Don't forget that this coming Friday, March 26th, SDVSF will be screening
      three (maybe four) Jules Verne films at the Sci-Fi convention ConDor in
      Mission Valley:

      http://www.condorcon.org/

      Friday
       12:00pm     Jules Verne's MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (1961)
       2:00pm      FIVE WEEKS IN A BALLOON (1962)
       4:00pm      THE FABULOUS WORLD OF JULES VERNE (1958)
       6:00PM      Jules Verne's ROCKET TO THE MOON (1967) -- uncertain

      Then from 8:00pm-10pm, I'll be presenting A CENTURY OF MARS IN THE MOVIES
      multimedia program, including the very first Mars movie ever made (in its
      4-minute entirety) by Thomas Edison's production company in 1910, A TRIP TO
      MARS.