This Month's Film: THE COMPLETE METROPOLIS (1927)

  • Gerry Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2011
      This Month's Film: THE COMPLETE METROPOLIS (1927) Hi, All:

      Sorry for the delay (I'm still under the weather health-wise), but I've
      finally gotten  our website ( http://sdvsf.org/ ) updated with this month's
      film:

      Saturday, August 20, 2011
       7:00PM - 11:00PM (approx)

      THE COMPLETE METROPOLIS
      (Germany, 1927) 148 minutes

          Incorporating more than 25 minutes of newly discovered footage, this 2010 restoration of METROPOLIS is the definitive edition of Fritz Lang's science fiction masterpiece.

          In a futuristic city sharply divided between the working class and the city planners, the son of the city's mastermind falls in love with a working class prophet who predicts the coming of a savior to mediate their differences
      .

      Also Showing:

      SUPERMAN Serial
          Episode #10 (USA, 1948)
          (NOTE: screening optional)

      Hope to see you there. Please RSVP if possible.
      _____

      And don't forget the Mars Movie Night ( http://marsmovieguide.com/#MARS%20MOVIE%20NIGHTS ) on Friday, August 19th.  We'll be screening:

      THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH (1987)

          An alien lands on earth, and decides that he needs to take a job in order to raise money to build a spaceship so he can get back to his home planet.
         (NOTE: This is NOT the David Bowie film.)
      _____

      SPECIAL NOTE: SDVSF and Mars Movie Nights will be DARK in October.  Sorry.

      :-J

      Gerry Williams
      Director/Director of Photography
      Film - Video - Photography
      Studio 106 - The Art Union Building
      2323 Broadway - San Diego, CA 92102
      619.RAD.FILM   (619.723.3456)
      http://www.filmist.com/
      __
      "Living on Earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun."

      ------ End of Forwarded Message
    • Lynn
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2011
        I have school that weekend. Only two more times and I am done!
        Woohoo.
        Lynn

        --- In SDVSF@yahoogroups.com, Gerry Williams <FILMIST@...> wrote:

        > Hi, All:
        >
        > Sorry for the delay (I'm still under the weather health-wise), but I've
        > finally gotten our website ( http://sdvsf.org/ ) updated with this month's
        > film:
        >
        > Saturday, August 20, 2011
        > 7:00PM - 11:00PM (approx)
        >
        > THE COMPLETE METROPOLIS
        > (Germany, 1927) 148 minutes
        >
        > Incorporating more than 25 minutes of newly discovered footage, this
        > 2010 restoration of METROPOLIS is the definitive edition of Fritz Lang's
        > science fiction masterpiece.
        >
        > In a futuristic city sharply divided between the working class and the
        > city planners, the son of the city's mastermind falls in love with a working
        > class prophet who predicts the coming of a savior to mediate their
        > differences.
        >
        > Also Showing:
        >
        > SUPERMAN Serial
        > Episode #10 (USA, 1948)
        > (NOTE: screening optional)
        >
        > Hope to see you there. Please RSVP if possible.
        > _____
        >
        > And don't forget the Mars Movie Night (
        > http://marsmovieguide.com/#MARS%20MOVIE%20NIGHTS ) on Friday, August 19th.
        > We'll be screening:
        >
        > THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH (1987)
        >
        > An alien lands on earth, and decides that he needs to take a job in
        > order to raise money to build a spaceship so he can get back to his home
        > planet.
        > (NOTE: This is NOT the David Bowie film.)
        > _____
        >
        > SPECIAL NOTE: SDVSF and Mars Movie Nights will be DARK in October. Sorry.
        >
        > :-J
        >
        > Gerry Williams
        > Director/Director of Photography
        > Film - Video - Photography
        > Studio 106 - The Art Union Building
        > 2323 Broadway - San Diego, CA 92102
        > 619.RAD.FILM (619.723.3456)
        > http://www.filmist.com/
        > __
        > "Living on Earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun."
        >

        > ------ End of Forwarded Message

      • Gerry Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2011
          Re: [SDVSF] Re: This Month's Film: THE COMPLETE METROPOLIS (1927) I own the DVD, so no problem.  You can borrow it anytime.