193REMINDER: MARS MOVIE NIGHT presents "ONE WAY ASTRONAUT" on Friday Sept. 20th

  • Gerry Williams
    Sep 19, 2013
      REMINDER:

      SPECIAL EVENT IN THE SAN DIEGO AREA:

      Friday, September 20 at 7:00pm
      Town and Country Resort & Convention Center

      The Mars Society­San Diego¹s MARS MOVIE NIGHT presents:

      ONE WAY ASTRONAUT (2013)

      ³An independent documentary surrounding people who have signed up to leave
      Earth to be the first human settlers on the planet Mars. It follows aspiring
      astronauts Stephan, Sara, Henri and Beatriz who, like tens of thousands of
      applicants to the Mars One project from around the world, say they are
      willing to spend the rest of their lives on the red planet. It is the story
      of Mars One and its founder Bas Lansdorp in the project's early stages.
      Space experts answer questions about the likelihood of Mars One succeeding
      and discuss the kind of risks the astronauts will be facing. Worldwide
      interest in the Mars One mission is a tell-tale of our society today and its
      hopes for itself.³
      See the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jraVEhfFjvY

      Also showing:

      NOVA: ULTIMATE MARS CHALLENGE (2012)

      ³Why go back to Mars? Far from dead, Mars holds untold potential. Nearly
      half a century of Mars exploration has yielded tantalizing clues that Mars
      may once have harbored life‹and may harbor it still. The extraordinary
      landing of a revolutionary rover named Curiosity‹which successfully touched
      down inside the Gale Crater‹means we have wheels down on the planet once
      again, in the form of the most sophisticated robot ever to rove the Mars
      surface. Will NASA's bold mission and this marvel of technology answer some
      of our biggest questions and usher in a new golden age of exploration? NOVA
      goes behind the scenes on NASA's quest to solve the riddles of the red
      planet.²
      See the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh8APqis50A
      Also includes NASA/JPL Video Updates on ³Curiosity², the Mars Science
      Laboratory (MSL) rover!

      __________

      Admission is FREE, and popcorn is provided (you can bring snacks or drinks
      to share).

      Showtime is 7:00pm in the
      Fairfield Room near the Regency Ballroom (eastern side of hotel)
      At the Town and Country Resort & Convention Center
      500 Hotel Circle North (in Mission Valley)
      San Diego, California 92108

      NOTE: Parking for this event at the resort will be $4 per vehicle.
      However there is FREE PARKING north of the event at the San Diego Transit
      Center at the Fashion Valley Mall and access to the resort via a foot bridge
      over the San Diego river.

      Please RSVP to Gerry Williams (filmist "-at-" mac.com) as seating is
      limited.

      For more information, including maps, please visit:

      http://marsmovieguide.com
      and
      http://marsmovieguide.com/#MARS%20MOVIE%20NIGHTS

      Don¹t forget about our sister film club: SAN DIEGO VINTAGE SCI-FI

      http://sdvsf.org