Flabob Veteran's Day Mil Vehicle Encampment, 11/11/2006, 12:00 pm

  • SDMVCC@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      Reminder from: SDMVCC's Calendar
      Title: Flabob Veteran's Day Mil Vehicle Encampment
      Date: Saturday November 11, 2006
      Time: 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
      Repeats: This event does not repeat.
      Description: WWAM will have its Mig 21 Cockpit and Paint Ball Booth! All Hands are welcome to attend the Sunday Show, and drive up / set up on Saturday if you want!
      Copyright © 2006  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
    • Jim Ostrich
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2006
        Ladies and Gentlemen,

        The time is near; the Veterans Day Celebration at Flabob Airport in
        Riverside, CA is on Sunday November 12. (It is not on Veterans Day,
        11/11)

        We welcome all participants on Saturday the 11th if you would like
        to stay
        overnight in the Flabob Allied Bivouac. The area will be secured and
        patrolled at night. If you would like to arrive on Sunday the 12th,
        the
        gates will be open at 0600 to all vendors and participants. The
        gates open
        to the public at 0900. The 'Round Flabob Parade commences at 1430,
        people
        usually start heading for the exits around 1530, and the day comes
        to an end
        at 1600. If you were to arrive after 0900 on Sunday we'll still be
        able to
        get you positioned, but remember, it is first come, first serve as
        far as
        location. The Allied Bivouac area is located in a grass field next
        to a
        taxiway and close to the runway at Flabob.

        Parking: Civilian vehicles required to transport people or equipment
        to the
        Bivouac Area will need to be moved to the public parking area before
        0900 if
        possible. All military vehicles are obviously encouraged and welcome
        remain on public display. Except for the reenactment units, most of
        the
        participants in this year's event have vehicles passes allowing them
        to use
        their cars when setting-up their displays. Depending upon the time
        of your
        arrival, just tell the parking police who you are and why you need
        access to
        the flightline -- they'll be expecting you.

        We have scheduled a skirmish to begin at 1215, complete with fighter
        air
        cover. PROBLEM: we have no "enemy" troops that we know of. If any of
        you
        would like to start coordinating to stage some sort of battle or
        skirmish
        using the air cover, that would be terrific. If there is no plan in
        place
        by Sunday the 12th, we'll follow a long military tradition and put
        something
        together at the last moment from amongst the participants. I would
        think
        that one Allied unit could at least defend the nurses quarters from
        another
        Allied unit!

        If you have any questions in the last few days before the event or
        upon your
        arrival at Flabob, give us a call. JON GOLDENBAUM 951-203-0190 or
        DOUG
        EDWARDS 360-921-3331. We'll be able to direct you to the Allied
        Bivouac
        area and take a stab at answering any other questions. Both of us
        will be
        available on the airport all day on Saturday and Sunday.

        I am listing below the units that have members who will be at Flabob
        on the
        12th:

        82nd Airborne Living History Association. Jim Palmer, 951-660-5945.
        rivercityjim1@.... .

        101st Airborne Division. Dave Santi@415-499-3407.
        davesanti@....
        Josh Henniger at lcplhenniger@... is the representative for
        our event.

        35th Infantry Division. Primary contact is Richard Austin, Jr.
        Richard
        Austin@... <mailto:Austin@...> .

        2nd Armored Division. Ron. R. Glaeseman@310-547-2980.
        glaeseman@...
        <mailto:glaeseman@...> .

        45th Field Hospital. Laura Lowe@562-708-8626. ltsassypants@...
        <mailto:ltsassypants@...> .

        British 1st Airborne. Derek Vlasek@619-697-072.
        tombstonepara@.... .

        Military Vehicle Owners of Orange County and California Historical
        Group.
        Jerry Berry (562) 715-1400.

        See you on the 11th or 12th,

        Doug Edwards