Re: Miramar Airshow Military Vehicle Display Details

  • brimiljeep@aol.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 1, 2006

      I'll be there with Gina, but we won't have a MV.  We'll stop in and help man the display to give somebody else the chance to walk around. See you there.

      Brian French
      Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII - www.Drive.to/WWII
      Brian's Squadron Patches of WWII - www.Fly.to/WWII

    • Chad Castle
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 3, 2006
        I will be there, with my MUTT, it has an M60 mounted.....

        Chad
      • Chad Castle
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 3, 2006
          Sorry, thats 1967 M151 A1 and my full name is Chad Castle
          Dummy receiver M60....no ammo.

          chad

          --- In SDMVCC@yahoogroups.com, "Chad Castle" <ccastle001@...> wrote:

          > I will be there, with my MUTT, it has an M60 mounted.....
          >
          > Chad

        • Richard Johnson
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 3, 2006
            It was brought to my attention by my wife today that next saturday is my
            Mother In Law's wedding. I had it in my PDA as the following saturday.
            Unfortuneately I will subsequently not be able to attend the Nut farm car
            show. I will continue to assist in the coordination of the event.

            Bates Nut farm, Valley Center CA Sep 9, 2006
            Pancake Breakfast is at 7 AM
            Car show goes from 9 am - 4 pm

            Rich Johnson

            www.richardsjohnson.net

            "Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."
          • Richard Johnson
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 3, 2006
              I see that no one has signed up for the Valley Center car show at the Bates
              Nut farm.
              At this point, is there anyone that is planning to attend that has not added
              themselves to the database of attendees?
              If it turns out that no one has an interest in going I will notify the car
              show organizer that we will unfortunatley be able to make it.

              Rich Johnson

              www.richardsjohnson.net

              "Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."
            • James Ostrich
              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 3, 2006
                Chad

                Welcome aboard.

                Thanks for registering for the Miramar Airshow.  We will probably have folks arriving Wed pm and Thursday pm.

                See you there!

                Jim

                At 02:02 PM 9/3/2006, you wrote:

                Sorry, thats 1967 M151 A1 and my full name is Chad Castle
                Dummy receiver M60....no ammo.

                chad

                --- In SDMVCC@yahoogroups.com, "Chad Castle" <ccastle001@...> wrote:

                > I will be there, with my MUTT, it has an M60 mounted.....
                >
                > Chad

                Jim
                x13031

              • James Ostrich
                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 3, 2006
                  Hi Richard,

                  I found out we have a Warbird Fly In (we are hosting) and a hangar dinner with the first man to fly the SR71 Bob Gilland there as our guest speaker.

                  I didn't realize they were on the same weekend or we would have loved to attend the BNF event.

                  Jim

                  Message 8 of 26 , Sep 4, 2006
                    Oh wow, my grandfater built the SR71 at Lockheed. He was the plant manager
                    at the Skunkworks during the late 50s early 60s. What is the time of the
                    party, I would love to meet this guy, see if he knew my grandfater? Is it
                    on the 9th? I may be able to make it after the wedding.

                    www.richardsjohnson.net

                    "Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."

                    >From: James Ostrich <jostrich@...>
                    >To: SDMVCC@yahoogroups.com, SDMVCC@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: RE: [SDMVCC] Re: Bates nut farm car show
                    >Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 21:29:52 -0700
                    >
                    >Hi Richard,
                    >
                    >I found out we have a Warbird Fly In (we are hosting) and a hangar dinner
                    >with the first man to fly the SR71 Bob Gilland there as our guest speaker.
                    >
                    >I didn't realize they were on the same weekend or we would have loved to
                    >attend the BNF event.
                    >
                    >Jim
                    >
                    >At 04:49 PM 9/3/2006, Richard Johnson wrote:
                    >
                    >>It was brought to my attention by my wife today that next saturday is my
                    >>Mother In Law's wedding. I had it in my PDA as the following saturday.
                    >>Unfortuneately I will subsequently not be able to attend the Nut farm car
                    >>show. I will continue to assist in the coordination of the event.
                    >>
                    >>Bates Nut farm, Valley Center CA Sep 9, 2006
                    >>Pancake Breakfast is at 7 AM
                    >>Car show goes from 9 am - 4 pm
                    >>
                    >>Rich Johnson
                    >>
                    >>www.richardsjohnson.net
                    >>
                    >>"Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."
                    >>

                    >Jim
                    >x13031
                    ><< a615c4d.jpg >>
                  • James Ostrich
                    Message 9 of 26 , Sep 4, 2006
                      Yes, it is, All our welcome to attend.  No Host Bar Social at 5pm, Dinner 6:30pm, Bob Gililland SR-71 First Flight Test Pilot 8pm - 9pm.

                      We are asking for a $30 donation per person to cover costs.

                      I hope you (or anyone else interested can make it).

                      Tickets are available at www.wwam.org

                      Jim

                      At 09:29 AM 9/4/2006, you wrote:

                      Oh wow, my grandfater built the SR71 at Lockheed. He was the plant manager
                      at the Skunkworks during the late 50s early 60s. What is the time of the
                      party, I would love to meet this guy, see if he knew my grandfater? Is it
                      on the 9th? I may be able to make it after the wedding.

                      www.richardsjohnson.net

                      "Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."

                      >From: James Ostrich <jostrich@... >
                      >To: SDMVCC@yahoogroups.com, SDMVCC@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: RE: [SDMVCC] Re: Bates nut farm car show
                      >Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 21:29:52 -0700
                      >
                      >Hi Richard,
                      >
                      >I found out we have a Warbird Fly In (we are hosting) and a hangar dinner
                      >with the first man to fly the SR71 Bob Gilland there as our guest speaker.
                      >
                      >I didn't realize they were on the same weekend or we would have loved to
                      >attend the BNF event.
                      >
                      >Jim
                      >
                      >At 04:49 PM 9/3/2006, Richard Johnson wrote:
                      >
                      >>It was brought to my attention by my wife today that next saturday is my
                      >>Mother In Law's wedding. I had it in my PDA as the following saturday.
                      >>Unfortuneately I will subsequently not be able to attend the Nut farm car
                      >>show. I will continue to assist in the coordination of the event.
                      >>
                      >>Bates Nut farm, Valley Center CA Sep 9, 2006
                      >>Pancake Breakfast is at 7 AM
                      >>Car show goes from 9 am - 4 pm
                      >>
                      >>Rich Johnson
                      >>
                      >> www.richardsjohnson.net
                      >>
                      >>"Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."
                      >>

                      >Jim
                      >x13031
                      ><< a615c4d.jpg >>

                      Jim
                      x13031

                    • Richard Johnson
                      Message 10 of 26 , Sep 4, 2006
                        I have notified the car show organizers that our club will not beable to put
                        on a display due to other commitments.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 6, 2006
                          Jim, I just got a message on my cell phone from the guy that organizes the
                          parade, inviting me to have my military vehicle club in the parade again
                          this year. He spoke as though he did not know that we have registered for
                          the parade. I called him and he looked for SDMVCC on the list but couldnt
                          find it so I had him look for the WWAM and there we were. So now he knows
                          who we are and will have the appropriate place for us. He asked me to call
                          him about a week out and let him have a final total of vehicles coming.
                          Frank 479-4747.
                          You can call in or I can handle it. Let me know.

                          Message 12 of 26 , Sep 6, 2006
                            Sounds Good Richard.

                            I tried to register both names, so we can combine resources.  It helps the WWAM 501c3 to show community participation, and of course SDMVCC is our Mil Vehicle Club, so I am glad you got him to connect the dots.

                            I will be there w/ all 4 vehicles, and was asked to carry the Little League All star team.   Looks like we have 6 vehicles registered on line.

                            Any one else attending can add there vehicles to the DATABASE tab at the bottom of this message (on the SDMVCC site).

                            Jim

                            At 04:12 PM 9/6/2006, you wrote:

                            Jim, I just got a message on my cell phone from the guy that organizes the
                            parade, inviting me to have my military vehicle club in the parade again
                            this year. He spoke as though he did not know that we have registered for
                            the parade. I called him and he looked for SDMVCC on the list but couldnt
                            find it so I had him look for the WWAM and there we were. So now he knows
                            who we are and will have the appropriate place for us. He asked me to call
                            him about a week out and let him have a final total of vehicles coming.
                            Frank 479-4747.
                            You can call in or I can handle it. Let me know.

                            www.richardsjohnson.net

                            "Those who enjoy freedom must endeavor to preserve it."

                            Jim
                            x13031

                          • Jim Ostrich
                            Message 13 of 26 , Oct 10, 2006
                              I met with Major Deal this Tuesday am. Tommorrow we can start
                              staging vehicles on the flight line. I am moving the WWAM vehicles
                              over 7pm - 8pm Wed night. You can enter the base thru the Camp
                              Elliot Gate, each day. They will have a list there of anyone and
                              their vehicles that have signed up on this website (see database tab
                              to check). You can come / go each day thru that gate. Enter the
                              Flightline Display Area WEST of the Tower (Flightline Gate 17). I
                              think you can bring food / drinks in w/ you in your vehicle. I
                              asked Maj Deal about camping out on the flightline (she wants to
                              know nothing about it, but asks that you don't make it obvious w/ a
                              bon fire and roasting marshmellows. No BBQ's etc etc. I would
                              advise you to get there before 0730 each day and leave after the
                              crowds have gone if you are commuting w/ your vehicle (again use the
                              Camp Elliot gate). Anyone w/ replica / de-milled weapons should
                              have registered already w/ them. The list I have she is giving to
                              the gate. Bring a Calif DL, Vehicle Registration and Proof of
                              Insurance just in case they ask. Thursday night I will be back out
                              there on the flight line to set up. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are
                              the show dates.

                              --- In SDMVCC@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ostrich" <jostrich@...> wrote:

                              > Jim Ostrich is going to be the Coordinator. His phone number is
                              > 858 414 6258(for emergencies) but use E-mail to pass info to him
                              > (jostrich@...).
                              >
                              > You can update the Database (on this site) with the following:
                              >
                              > 1. The driver's name and who will be with the driver.
                              >
                              > 2. Describe what MV you intend to bring, i.e. 1954 M38A1 Jeep.
                              > Etc. (Be sure vehicles are insured. Have proof. Have a CDL and
                              > photo ID for the guests in the vehicle except for children).
                              >
                              > 3. Plan to arrive on Thursday 12 Oct. I will probably be around
                              > until 2100. You can come in anytime.
                              >
                              > 4. I need a list of vehicles with mounted heavy weapons.
                              >
                              > 5. What small military arms you are bringing. Must be dummies
                              that can't shoot. NO AMMO of any kind including dummies.

                              > GENERAL
                              >
                              > SET UP DATE: 11 October is early arrival set-up day for the
                              stayover early birds.

                              > DIRECTIONS: Exit I-15 at Miramar Way or I-805 at Miramar Road;
                              > Enter the base and tell them you are part of the Military Vehicle
                              > Display on the Flightline. You need to head towards Flight Line
                              > Gate 17 (just West of the Control Tower, and East of Hangar 4)
                              >
                              > SET UP AREA: Between Hangar 1 and 2 (same as last year). There is
                              > enough room to set up a Division of vehicles, cammo net, etc etc.
                              > The ground is CONCRETE flight line, so no tent stakes are not
                              going to work (well).

                              > AIRSHOW DATES: 13, 14, 15 October. You must be thru the MV gate
                              (Camp Elliot) by 7:30AM (to get out the set up area before the
                              roads are jammed with people being directed to parking lots like
                              Disneyland.