Re: [SDIshmael] Re/introductions?

  • Chet Fagin
    Message 1 of 6 , May 24, 2008
      Thank you for the prompt, Colin.
      My name is Chet Fagin, I live in San Diego with my wife and 2 year old daughter.
      I joined the list mainly because I am concerned about where humanity is headed and about its long term survival.  I wrote a piece earlier this year (inspired by Ishmael of course) called "Four Generations" which theorizes where we'll be 4 generations from now.  I've referred to it as a "thinly veiled manifesto wrapped in a science fiction story".  I consider it a work in progress so I'll be starting a blog soon to continue the conversation.
      Meanwhile, if you're interested to read, you can download it here.  I certainly welcome your feedback:
      http://ninesystems.edgeboss.net/download/ninesystems/chetf/4gen_0408.pdf
      - Chet

      Colin Leath <colinleath@...> wrote:
      I've approved a few new members over the past six months. Could the
      people who still check this list on occasion, and the new members too,
      chime in and say a bit about what they're up to?
      Maybe say a bit about new ways of doing things that you're exploring -
      if you'd like more of a prompt.
      fo-rest.blogspot. com has my current projects. Peace, Colin

      --
      http://fo-rest. blogspot. com
      http://purl. org/j9k/sig/

    • Colin Leath
      Message 2 of 6 , May 28, 2008
        Chet,
        I read through this, and I'm grateful for having had the opportunity
        to do so--
        in writing a response I ended up making a blog post:

        http://sdtjdph.blogspot.com/2008/05/future-visioning-for-san-diego-some.html

        and certainly if you or anyone else here wants a blog to post to, that
        one is available and a bit under-used (Just ask me and I'll send you
        an invite to be a contributor).

        Peace,
        Colin

        --- In SDIshmael@yahoogroups.com, Chet Fagin <chet138@...> wrote:

        > Thank you for the prompt, Colin.
        > My name is Chet Fagin, I live in San Diego with my wife and 2 year
        old daughter.
        > I joined the list mainly because I am concerned about where humanity
        is headed and about its long term survival. I wrote a piece earlier
        this year (inspired by Ishmael of course) called "Four Generations"
        which theorizes where we'll be 4 generations from now. I've referred
        to it as a "thinly veiled manifesto wrapped in a science fiction
        story". I consider it a work in progress so I'll be starting a blog
        soon to continue the conversation.
        > Meanwhile, if you're interested to read, you can download it here.
        I certainly welcome your feedback:
        > http://ninesystems.edgeboss.net/download/ninesystems/chetf/4gen_0408.pdf
        > - Chet
        >

        > Colin Leath <colinleath@...> wrote: I've
        approved a few new members over the past six months. Could the
        > people who still check this list on occasion, and the new members too,
        > chime in and say a bit about what they're up to?
        > Maybe say a bit about new ways of doing things that you're exploring -
        > if you'd like more of a prompt.
        > fo-rest.blogspot.com has my current projects. Peace, Colin
        >
        > --
        > http://fo-rest.blogspot.com
        > http://purl.org/j9k/sig/

      • Shannon Wheelwright
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008

          hey everyone!

          sorry i have not been actively involved with anything lately, I have been doing some stuff in the woods on the east coast since november and i have been keeping really busy, but welcome to everyone new and hopefully we can make this world a better place! I am 22 and i am going to school for holistic medicine and massage at pacific college of oriental medicine. I work in a bookstore, and I am extremely concerned about where our culture is headed. We are all just living the wrong way, and too many people dont even see the problem. I just read a book that I think some of you will enjoy it is called dwellings by linda hogan it is a beautiful book about our spiritual connections with nature, i hope some of you will get the opportunity to read! also, i am switching my email account to g mail so it will now be shannon2986@...! I hope eveyone is doing well and enjoying this beautiful time of year!