RE: [SDAA_AISIG] First Light Buckets Image - Rough Processed

  • michael.johnson@l-3com.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2010

      That’s a great looking image Jeff

      From: SDAA_AISIG@yahoogroups.com [mailto: SDAA_AISIG@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Jeff Lunglhofer
      Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 10:47 AM
      To: SDAA_AISIG@yahoogroups.com ; sdaa@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SDAA_AISIG] First Light Buckets Image - Rough Processed

      Hey Everyone,

      I thought a broader group might like to see a first/rough cut at our Light Buckets project’s first target, Thor’s Helmet.  It’s available on the AISIG web site:

      http://aisig. sdaa.org/ astroblogDetail. asp?imgID= 2278&UserID=53

      For those of you who are project participants. . .use the data to process a better version and post it!!!!!

      -Jeff

    • Kathy Upton
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 2, 2010
        Re: [SDAA_AISIG] Next Light Buckets meeting?
        When’s the next Light Buckets instructional meeting planned? We need to go thru this stuff one more time to be able to get to Jeff’s result by ourselves. Still have some questions unanswered! This coming Thursday is sort of borderline “OK” for us as we have to drive to the foothills above El Toro that evening...the following Thursday would be more flexible.

        Kathy and Alan

        Hey Everyone,

        I thought a broader group might like to see a first/rough cut at our Light Buckets project’s first target, Thor’s Helmet.  It’s available on the AISIG web site:

        http://aisig.sdaa.org/astroblogDetail.asp?imgID=2278&UserID=53

        For those of you who are project participants. . .use the data to process a better version and post it!!!!!

        -Jeff

      • Jeff Lunglhofer
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2010

          I’ve come down with the flu (or something similar) today so this Thursday isn’t looking good.  If we shoot for next Thursday (the 11th) we’ll have our luminance data from the NGC 3521 as well.

          I would suggest that we focus on doing the RGB processing of the Thor’s Helmet data. . .and then pretty much just start over again with the NGC 3521, i.e. start an entirely new processing series on that data.  That will give everyone a chance to do everything again with a fresh batch of data.

          So how does the 11th look for everyone?

          Also I have confirmed that I can use my office spaces in Mission Valley to hold meetings.  We have a very professional set-up there, seating for up to 75 people, large projector and screens, white boards. . .you name it.  So that’s where I’d like to hold meeting moving forward.

          -Jeff

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2010

            That will work for me J

              http://aisig.sdaa.org/astroblogDetail.asp?imgID=2278&UserID=53 <http://aisig.sdaa.org/astroblogDetail.asp?imgID=2278&amp;UserID=53>

              For those of you who are project participants. . .use the data to process a better version and post it!!!!!

              -Jeff

            • Bob Austin
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2, 2010
                Jeff,
                Since I've had to take on South County Star Party Coordinator too, I will not be able to make next week's meeting to help you. Next week is full of star parties.

                Bob

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 2, 2010

                  Bummer. . .thanks for the head’s up!

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 5, 2010
                    i still have not made a meeting. I'm duing star parties. will there be a chance for us to catch up with what has already been done?
                    bob affeldt jr
                    --- In SDAA_AISIG@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Austin" <bob@...> wrote:

                    > Jeff,
                    > Since I've had to take on South County Star Party Coordinator too, I will
                    > not be able to make next week's meeting to help you. Next week is full of
                    > star parties.
                    >
                    > Bob
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Jeff Lunglhofer
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 5, 2010

                      Hi Bob,

                      We’re literally walking through everything each meeting to ingrain the steps into people. . .so yea, you’ll be fine.  If some “regulars” are there it will be even easier since there will be lots of teachers!

                      -Jeff

                      href="http://aisig.sdaa.org/astroblogDetail.asp?imgID=2278&UserID=53">http://aisig.sdaa.org/astroblogDetail.asp?imgID=2278&UserID=53>
                      > sdaa.org/astroblogDetail.asp?imgID=2278&UserID=53
                      >
                      > For those of you who are project participants. . .use the data to process
                      > better version and post it!!!!!
                      >
                      > -Jeff

                      > 11:34:00

                    • Scott
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 5, 2010

                        Hi Jeff,

                        I would like to start attending the Light Bucket meetings. I know I will need to pay in to the group. How much will that be and when is the next meeting?

                        Scott S.

                        We’re literally walking through everything each meeting to ingrain the steps into people. . .so yea, you’ll be fine.  If some “regulars” are there it will be even easier since there will be lots of teachers!

                        -Jeff

                        i still have not made a meeting. I'm duing star parties. will there be a chance for us to catch up with what has already been done?
                        bob affeldt jr
                        --- In SDAA_AISIG@yahoogro ups.com, "Bob Austin" <bob@...> wrote:

                        > Jeff,
                        > Since I've had to take on South County Star Party Coordinator too, I will
                        > not be able to make next week's meeting to help you. Next week is full of
                        > star parties.
                        >
                        > Bob
                        >

                        > _____

                      • ROBERT C MILLER
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 5, 2010
                          Count me!
                          Regards
                          Robert

                          I would like to start attending the Light Bucket meetings. I know I will need to pay in to the group. How much will that be and when is the next meeting?

                          Scott S.

                          We’re literally walking through everything each meeting to ingrain the steps into people. . .so yea, you’ll be fine.  If some “regulars” are there it will be even easier since there will be lots of teachers!

                          -Jeff

                          i still have not made a meeting. I'm duing star parties. will there be a chance for us to catch up with what has already been done?
                          bob affeldt jr
                          --- In SDAA_AISIG@yahoogro ups.com, "Bob Austin" <bob@...> wrote:

                          > Jeff,
                          > Since I've had to take on South County Star Party Coordinator too, I will
                          > not be able to make next week's meeting to help you. Next week is full of
                          > star parties.
                          >
                          > Bob
                          >

                          > _____

                        • Jeff Lunglhofer
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 6, 2010

                            Hey Scott,

                            We’re (I should say “I”) am managing the money fairly loosely. . .basically chip in $25 to me via PayPal for scope time and you’ll be good for at least one set of data on an object, maybe two.  Folks contribute more than $75 I figure will get several objects before I ask for more $$.

                            At some point I’ll probably need to get more scientific on this, but fur now, $25 is fine.  Please submit it to me via PayPal, and if you use a credit card, please account for the percentage they take off.  Thanks!

                          • Bob Nanz
                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 7, 2010
                              Hi all,
                              I was trying to work up a Thor's Helmut image and I noticed that Jeff's image had nebulosity that I could not get in my image. I tracked down the problem and found that there is a large artifact in the December run. You will note that the artifact stays in the same position on the image but the background stars move.
                              See:

                              Bob
                            • Bob Nanz
                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 8, 2010