DoD to a Sprint?

  • rupesh raghavan
    Message 1 of 60 , May 2 1:52 AM
      Hi All,
      My organization seems to be drafting a DoD with the scrum teams for a sprint.
      However, the sprint being time boxed, it is over once its time lapses. So wonder how would a DoD for a Sprint be defined and the value it could deliver!
      Your thoughts?
      Regards,
      Rupesh
      Message 60 of 60 , May 23 5:34 PM
        Adam,

        On May 23, 2014, at 7:33 PM, Adam Sroka adam.sroka@... [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Yes and no, IMO. At the very least the PO has the right to say something is "not done" if it does not deliver the promised business value. However, the PO does not have the right to say something is done if the team does not agree

        I think it’d be bad but I think the PO can ship crap if he wants to. There might be business or job exigencies making it seem like a good idea. It’d be destructive but I think I’d say he has the right to do it. Especially since most teams are working their way up to meeting DoD anyway.

        Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
        But since no one was listening, everything must be said again. -- Andre Gide