FW: Ethnographer Needed in Florida

  • GB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2004

      From: llucas@... [mailto:llucas@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 3:01 PM
      Subject: Ethnographer Needed in Florida

      Dear Colleagues:

      Hopefully you recall signing up to learn about ethnographic research contracts at www.anthrojob.com. Currently, Context Research has an ethnographic research contract that may be a good match for you. We are looking to fill positions for a contract in Florida and we would like to see if you are interested and available.

      Please take a moment and read the following job announcement. If you are interested in this contract and would like to be considered for the position, please email a cover letter and recent resume or CV to Lindsey Hari Lucas, Project Director at Context Research at llucas@.... These positions will be filled quickly, so please respond by tomorrow, Wednesday, July 7.

      Context Research is seeking experienced (Masters or Ph.D. level) ethnographic researchers in Florida to fulfill short-term ethnographic contracts as field ethnographers.

      This project has a very tight timeline and will require a time commitment this week only! We need a researcher to do one (1) interview with a custom home builder on Thursday, July 8 and have a debrief call with us at Context on Friday morning. Please be sure that you can fulfill the contract before applying.

      The research contract will be structured as followed:

      - Context Research will design all the research materials.

      - Ideally the ethnographer will own a digital camera and be able to take photos, download, resize and email to Context on Thursday.

      - You MUST be available on July 8 for the interview and the 9th for a debrief call.

      - Field ethnographers will conduct 1 interview with a participant.

      - Interview will be photo documented.

      - Field ethnographers must be able to write BRIEF ethnographic summary report following the interview. The notes will guide the conversation during the debrief call on Friday.

      - The project pays $300 USD.

      Should this contract sound interesting to you, please email your resume to Lindsey Hari Lucas. If you know of another colleague who would be a good match for this project, please feel free to forward this announcement to them. For more information about Context Research, please visit www.contextresearch.com.

      We look forward to hearing from you. Please keep in mind that this is a VERY tight timeline and we are making a final selection tomorrow.

      Lindsey Hari Lucas Project Director Context-Based Research Group llucas@...