USF Collaborative

    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2004
      The Neighborhood and Communities Workgroup of the USF Collaborative
      for Children, Families and Communities, has on its agenda for
      Thursday, May 27, the item that we suggested to them some months
      ago, "Impact of large redevelopment projects on urban residents and
      the neighborhood."

      We must say something, because it is high time the members of the
      Collaborative learn something about the importance of social impact
      assessment – especially from an anthropological perspective. While
      the members are drawn from a wide range of disciplines and agencies,
      individually they don't necessarily have the anthropological concern
      with the interaction of all components of a given situation -- the
      holistic perspective.

      Hopefully, there will be several of us there who can contribute. I
      will be there, and presumably Susan Greenbaum and Beverly Ward will
      be there because they are members of the "workgroup." Michelle
      Ogilvie should be at the meeting because she is on the agenda for a
      discussion of County Planning.

      Sorry that I still haven't proposed a meeting date for this SCOPA
      group, but neither has anyone else! We could have some discussion on
      this YahooGroups forum.

      --Alvin
    • Brian McEwen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2004
        Alvin -
        What time of day does the Collaborative meet this Thursday? I'll try to get there, if I'm not booked. Right now, my schedule's full from 8:30am till 2:00/2:30pm.
        Brian

        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2004
          I will try as well if the time is right.
          Glenn