Interfaith Alliance job opening

  • AlvinW
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2012

      I am forwarding information I got from Alayne Unterberger:

      Subject: Re: Interfaith Action is hiring a Co-coordinator / FL Organizer

      Dear friends,
      This is a great organization and a wonderful opportunity!

      Please pass it on!

      On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Interfaith Action of SW Florida <info@...> wrote:
      Dear Friends,
      Please share this job announcement with anyone who might be a good fit!
      Thank you,
      Elena and Jordan
      Interfaith Action of SW Florida
      www.InterfaithAct.org ~ Join us on Facebook
      People of faith partnering with farmworkers to cultivate justice in the fields

      Job Announcement: Co-Coordinator/Florida Organizer
      Interfaith Action of Southwest Florida (IA) is looking for a Co-Coordinator/Florida Organizer to work as part of a team with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers, the Student/Farmworker Alliance and Just Harvest USA in Immokalee, Florida. The Co-Coordinator/Florida Organizer will be responsible for working together with Interfaith Action's existing Co-Coordinators to plan and carry out our work.

      Areas of Work

      Florida Faith-based Organizing for the Campaign for Fair Food
      ■  Engagement with people of faith throughout the state, on both a grassroots and institutional level, to facilitate consciousness and produce participation in actions, statements, outreach, endorsements, and shareholder pressure on target companies;
      ■ Assistance with national organizing;
      ■ Translation and co-presenting with CIW farmworkers for educational presentations;
      ■ Maintenance of listservs, website, social media presence; development and dissemination of materials and newsletters;
      ■ Communication with faith-based Alliance for Fair Food endorsers.

      Mobilizations, Tours, and Headquarter-Area Organizing
      ■ Education and organizing with faith communities in geographic region of target companies in preparation for mobilizations and tours;
      ■ Press outreach and strategy; internal media creation;
      ■ Logistical planning and coordination of events.

      Administration and Organizational Development
      ■ Fundraising, grant-writing, and administrative record keeping;
      ■ Organizational development, including working with IA's Board of Directors and the Alliance for Fair Food.

      Support for CIW and Farmworker Community
      ■ Assistance with with translation, rides, wage-theft cases, technology and more.

      Ideal Candidate Possesses
      • Deep commitment to social and economic justice
      • Prior organizing experience
      • Bilingual in Spanish-English
      • Familiarity with and respect for faith communities
      • Experience living or working in low-income, international, or multi-cultural environments
      • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
      • Computer proficiency (web, design, bookkeeping, database, internet, and excel skills a plus)
      • Willingness to work long and unusual hours, including late nights, weekends and holidays
      • Ability to take initiative and responsibility for projects
      • Ability to work well in teams
      • Skill relating to and working with a broad range of peoples and constituencies
      • Minimum commitment of two years

      Accountable To
      • Coalition of Immokalee Workers and farmworker community
      • Interfaith Action Board of Directors
      • Alliance for Fair Food

      Compensation
      Interfaith Action staff are paid a modest, livable salary with health benefits.

      How to apply
      Contact info@... or call 239-986-9101 to request an application. In addition to the application, we will request a cover letter, resume, English and Spanish writing samples, and two letters of recommendation.

      Application Deadline
      September 16, 2012

      Online version: http://www.interfaithact.org/staff
      Unsubscribe to Interfaith Action list here