Press Release: Celebrate Mothers and Friends with us tomorrow in RUSKIN!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10 5:26 PM

      Text Box: FICS Board of Directors 2011-2013
Tony Jenkins, Chair
Vanessa Vazquez, Vice-Chair
Larry Aiello, Comptroller
Justin Dees, JD
Matilda Garcia
Carlton Lewis
Maria Antonieta Riveros-Revello
Pablo Sierra
Alvin Wolfe, PhD

      Press Release

      For Immediate Release:         May 10, 2012

      Contact Person:                       Alayne Unterberger, 813.477.2882

      Today is the Mexican Mother’s Day, to be celebrated tomorrow  in Ruskin, 5/11/12, 4:30 – 5:45 PM

      Ruskin, FL–  The Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) has worked for ten years across Hillsborough County but we started in South County and one of our main activities has always been uniting the community around cultural events that have real significance.  Every May 10 is Mother’s Day in Mexico so it is only fitting that we will be celebrating our Friendship theme with a nod to all the wonderful mothers in our South County Prodigy program!  Entitled “Our Favorite Things: Mothers and Friends” our showcase will feature local breakdancers and artists, with a few surprises (and maybe some singing?) at the South Shore Regional Library,  15816 Beth Shields Way, Ruskin, FL  33573.

      This event is FREE and open to the public.  We will also be signing up youth between the ages of 7 and 17 for our FREE cultural arts afterschool programs in Ruskin!  Pass the word and join us!

      The Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) facilitates these events as part of our Strategic Plan for South County, however, the event is planned and made possible by Prodigy, the UACDC, Bay Area Youth Services, Florida Department of Juvenile Justice, parents and Starbucks.

      Join us!  FICS partners with communities to help them achieve their goals through research, service, education and training.  Join our cause on Facebook or by volunteering: www.ficsinc.org or by calling 813.249.8100.

        - End -

      --
      Alayne Unterberger, PhD Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) PO Box 16745 Tampa FL 33687 813.249.8100 Community. Activism. Research. Education.