Press Release: Please join us tomorrow to celebrate 10 years of community growth! 4/27/2012, 4-8PM

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 2:53 PM

      Text Box:
FICS Board of Directors2011-2013Tony Jenkins, ChairVanessa Vazquez, Vice-ChairLarry Aiello, ComptrollerJustin Dees, JDMatilda GarciaCarlton LewisMaria Antonieta Riveros-RevelloPablo SierraAlvin Wolfe, PhD

      Press Release

      For Immediate Release: April 26,2012

      Contact: Alayne Unterberger, Executive Director, 813.249.8100 or 813.477.2882

      Special Awards Announced for 10 Year Anniversary and Grand Re-Opening of the FICS Multicultural Family Center, 4/27/2012, 4-8 PM

      Tampa, FL:  The Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) cordially invites one and all to join us in celebration of our Grand Re-Opening of the FICS Multicultural Family Center on Friday April 27, 2012 from 4-8 PM.   We are excited to announce that our Prodigy students to hold their quarterly showcase at the Grand Re-Opening, including breakdance, capoeira, drums and art.  We invite you to see first-hand how talented our many youth (and adults) are through the lens  of Friendship.   Speaking of friendship, our wonderful DJ Diamond Notes will be DJing and helping MC the event.  Our major donors, with donations of over $30,000 will be recognized at the event, including:

      ·         Mr. Pablo Sierra, Board Member, Bank of America Employee match, Padrino of the Dance Room

      ·         Mr. Mark Hughes, Manager, Lowe’s (Waters),

      ·         Padrinos of the Walls

      ·         Mr. David Bailey, Slikcrete, Padrino of Floors

      ·         Ms. Matilda Martinez Garcia, Board Member and Madrina of the Art Room

      ·         Mr. Jim Hargis, Padrino of Floors

      ·         Mr. Jack Levine, former Board Member and Padrino of the Staff Office

      ·         Mr. Tony Muñiz, Gabriel Properties, Padrino of Ceiling and A/C

      ·         Mr. Harold Oehler, Lazy Days Employee Foundation, Padrinos of the Bathrooms and Water Fountain

      ·         Ms. Maria Antonieta Riveros Revello, Board Member and Madrina of the Mirrors

      We are especially excited about our Proclamation taking place between 4:30 and 5:30 PM  Our local community has been generous with donations for food and silent auction materials: Big Cat Rescue, Improv Comedy Club, Chili’s Restaurant, Starbucks, Target and Wal-Mart!  .  Call us at 813.249.8100 for more information or stop by FICS Multicultural Family, 6704 Hanley Road, Tampa FL 33634.  We partner with communities to help them achieve THEIR goals through research, service, education and training.

      --
      Alayne Unterberger, PhD Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) PO Box 16745 Tampa FL 33687 813.249.8100 Community. Activism. Research. Education.