Press Release: Updates to Grand Re-Opening of the FICS Multicultural Family Center, 4/27/2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2012
      Please forward to your lists!

      Text Box:
FICS Board of Directors 2011-2013 Tony Jenkins, Chair Vanessa
Vazquez, Vice-Chair Larry Aiello, Comptroller Justin Dees, JD
Matilda Garcia Carlton Lewis Maria Antonieta Riveros-Revello
Pablo Sierra Alvin Wolfe, PhD

      Press Release

      ForImmediate Release: April 13, 2012

      Contact:Alayne Unterberger, Executive Director, 813.249.8100 or 813.477.2882

      Updates tothe Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) Multicultural Family Center’s Grand Re-Opening on 4/27/2012, 4-8 PM

      Tampa, FL:  The Florida Institute for Community Studies is pleased to announce some exciting new developments for our Grand Re-Opening of the FICS Multicultural Family Center on Friday April 27, 2012 from 4-8 PM.  This event is part of our year-long festivities related to our tenth anniversary.  Our Prodigy program is also holding its quarterly showcase at the Grand Re-Opening so guests will see first-hand how talented our many youth (and adults) are.  They will be interpreting our Spring Theme of Friendship through breakdance, visual arts, capoeira and latin drums.  Speaking of friendship, our wonderful DJ Diamond Notes will be DJing and helping MC the event.

      Additionally, we will be recognizing our amazing donors who helped to make this day possible: Mr. Pablo Sierra and family, LazyDays Employee Foundation and Lowe’s Foundation.  We have also garnered some great raffles and silent auction items, which will be announced next week!

      Please join us for a wonderful one-of-a kind celebration which is open to our partners and businesses to sponsor tables and share information.  We still have space!   Call us at 813.249.8100 for more information or stop by FICS Multicultural Family, 6704 Hanley Road, Tampa FL 33634.

      The Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) has functioned for ten years as a statewide non-profit organization working within communities to plan and create better futures.  Our programming serves over two thousand people annually, ages seven to seventeen and adults.  In addition to outreach services,  FICS Multicultural Family Center is centrally located and offers an array of programs, mentoring/tutoring, computer access, HIV/AIDS testing, English, Spanish and Italian classes and much more.  Volunteers are always welcome.  Visit us at www.ficsinc.org

      --
      Alayne Unterberger, PhD Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) PO Box 16745 Tampa FL 33687 813.249.8100 Community. Activism. Research. Education.