Fwd: Press Release: League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2012
    From: Linda DAquila [Linda.DAquila@...<mailto:Linda.DAquila@...>]
    Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:56 PM
    Subject: Press Release: League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County
    Good evening,

    The League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County is pleased to host a community discussion with Chief Jane Castor and Preston Cook, Director of Hillsborough County Emergency Operations about how the 2012 RNC will impact our community. Your assistance in making this information available to as many citizens as possible is most appreciated.

    Linda G. D’Aquila
    Public Relations
    League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County

    The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. LifeLink.

    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

    For more information contact
    Mickey Castor, President
    League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County
    813.649.4309

    March 12, 2012

    2012 REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION - - CAN I GET DOWNTOWN?
    Presented by the League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County
    Saturday, March 31, 2012

    TAMPA – Hot town; summer in the city . . . and we’ll be smack in the middle of Hurricane Season! This August we expect an estimated 50,000 people to arrive in Tampa before the official start of the 2012 Republican National Convention. Are we ready to welcome delegates, thousands of members of the media, close to 8,000 volunteers, extra police, the Secret Service, loads of tourists and folks just looking for a good time or maybe anarchists ready to make trouble?

    According to the Tampa Bay Host Committee, the RNC is the single largest media event in the world – second only to the Olympic Games. They estimate over $300 million in Convention spending and over 15,000 hotel rooms booked each night and sold out event venues.

    Did we mention the Adult Entertainment Industry also has big plans?

    Join the League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County for a “Box Lunch Hot Topic” discussion as we learn from Tampa’s Police Chief Jane Castor, and Preston Cook, Director of Hillsborough County Emergency Operations how the 2012 Republican National Convention will impact our community and if you will be able to get downtown at the end of August.

    RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED:

    TOPIC: 2012 Republican National Convention - - Can I Get Downtown?
    PLACE: The Regent - 6437 Watson Road, Riverview - Free Parking
    DATE: Saturday, March 31, 2012
    TIME: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Lunch served at 11:30
    PRICE: $15.00
    RSVP: Must be received by Noon on Thursday, March 29, 2012
    TELEPHONE: (813) 649.4309
    EMAIL: RSVP@...<mailto:RSVP@...>

    -End-

    EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: Members of The League of Women Voters of Hillsborough County come from all parts of Hillsborough and Pasco Counties. We appreciate your printing this information in all areas. Thank you.