Attending AAA annual meeting?

  • epuccia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2010
      Hello, LPO members.

      As the AAA annual meeting is rapidly approaching, there are several items I would like to make the LPO's aware of before the meeting.

      1.  NAPA/LPO booth volunteers: NAPA and the LPO's will have time at the AAA booth as well as our own booth at the Employer Expo and at the Student Saturday Grad School Fair.  We are looking for volunteers to work an hour each (or more) at the NAPA/LPO booth on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Nov 18-20, 11am-1pm).  On Friday, Nov 19, NAPA will have a booth at the Employer Expo (11am-4pm).  On Saturday, Nov 20, NAPA will have a booth at the Student Saturday Grad School Fair (10am-2pm).  With so much traffic from students and early career professionals, this would be a good way to meet potential new members for your organization.  No special knowledge is needed.  Info about all LPO's will be available at the booths.  The location of the booth will be listed in the conference program.  Volunteers should sign up with Ellen Puccia: epuccia@....  Please see attached sign-up sheet.

      2.  Represent your LPO at the LPO luncheon:  On Friday, Nov 19, from 12noon-2pm, we will have our annual LPO luncheon at a nearby restaurant.  This will be primarily a social function where we can informally discuss news and issues relevant to LPO's.  This would be a great time for new LPO organizers and more seasoned LPO participants to share their experiences from many perspectives.  There are several options for lunch, but we are trying to find a place with New Orleans cuisine.  The LPO member from your organization who plans to attend the luncheon should e-mail Ellen Puccia, epuccia@... as soon as possible.

      Thank you so much for your help with these matters.  I look forward to hearing from you.

      Ellen Puccia
      LPO Liaison
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2010
        I don't know who else is going, but I arrive on Weds.

        --
        Alayne Unterberger, PhD Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) PO Box 16745 Tampa FL 33687 813.249.8100 Community. Activism. Research. Education.