Gilbert Kushner hospitalized

  • AlvinW
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2010

      Subject: [Usf-ant] Gilbert Kushner hospitalized

      Former anthropology chair Gilbert Kushner has undergone surgery relating to the cancer that a few years ago caused the loss of parts of his lungs.  His wife Rainy recently wrote me: "Gil is still at Moffit.   There have been some complications regarding his progress.  Doctors feel like promising results can still occur, but he'll need to remain at Moffit SCU for a while."

      I wish I could tell you something about sending cards or  messages to patients at Moffitt, but I haven't found that yet.  Perhaps someone on this SCOPA list can suggest a preferred means.

      Anyway, I wanted to let you all know now, even though my message is not very complete.

      Best wishes to Gil and Rainy.

      --Alvin

      Alvin W. Wolfe
      Distinguished University Professor Emeritus
      Department of Anthropology
      4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SOC107
      University of South Florida
      Tampa, FL  33620-8100   813-974-0794