FW: The Urban Charrette - Weekly Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2009

      From: Urban Charrette Tampa bay [mailto:urbancharrette@...]
      Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 7:47 AM
      Subject: The Urban Charrette - Weekly Update

      The Urban Charrette

      The Sustainable Design Assessment Team (SDAT) Final Visit is this week! Come out and learn about the SDAT process and recommendations.

      The SDAT report is available for download and information about the December 16th Open Mic can be found at  www.sdattampa.com

      ECO.Lution 2010 is coming – Find out what’s coming at www.ecolutiontampa.com

      Come out to our upcoming events:

      -         December 15th - The Urban Charrette General Volunteer Meeting - CANCELLED

      -         December 16th - The Urban Charrette Open Mic – Sustainable Design Assessment Team (SDAT) in Our Community

      Cancelled - December 15, 2009 Urban Charrette Monthly General Volunteer Meeting

      Time/Location:                        514 Franklin

      514 N. Franklin Street in Downtown Tampa

      630PM – 800PM

      Presented by: the Urban Charrette

      This month’s Volunteer Meeting is being cancelled. Please come to our Open Mic on Wednesday December 16, 2009 to come learn about volunteer opportunities.

      December 16, 2009 The Urban Charrette - Open Mic Night

      Time/Location:               Tre Amici at the Bunker

      1907 N. 19th Street Ybor City

      Wednesday December 16, 2009

      7:00pm – 900pm

      Topic: SDAT in Our Community: Ideas for Implementation

      Presented By: The Urban Charrette & AIA Tampa Bay

      Come out this month to Tre Amici in Ybor City and learn about the Sustainable Design Assessment Team (SDAT) final report recommendations and share YOUR ideas about implementation.

      Presentations will include:

      Mickey Jacob, FAIA will discuss the importance of the SDAT program from the perspective of AIA National

      Wayne Feiden, FAICP, will be back in town to discuss the report’s recommendations and to brainstorm ideas for implementation

      Maryann Ferenc & Diane Jacob will talk about the importance of sustainability (and the Tampa SDAT) in Tampa’s application to host games for the USA World Cup Bid

      We will also be talking about our upcoming Complete Streets demonstration project, which will be set up during the Downtown Market in January 2010!

      We will be collecting donations for Metropolitan Ministries (www.metromin.org) during Open Mic. Please bring any non-perishable foods to share with those in need.

      To learn more about this event and the Tampa SDAT, check out www.sdattampa.com or email evan@...

         Articles of the Week

      The Hillsborough Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) 2035 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) has now been adopted.

      Learn about the Plan: http://www.mpo2035.org/

      Florida Senate passes commuter rail bill

      http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/dailyloaf/2009/12/08/senate-passes-rail-proposal-27-10-legislation-now-goes-to-governor-crist/

      --
      The Urban Charrette: advocating for the design of a livable Tampa