RE: [AntConn] RE: Agenda, AntConn Meeting, Wed Sep 9, 2009

  • Wolfe, Alvin
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2009

      Thanks, Michele, for your message about having to miss the AntConn committee meeting on Wednesday.  Thanks, especially for your willingness to help out in regard to the two issues – a plan to develop a community advisory board for the Department, or a plan for a USF Anthropology Alumni Society.  Your help will be valuable, because we know that you know how to activate people in a community sense.

      We’ll be putting out a complete report shortly, with more details than were in the Agenda.  One thing that I know we would like to do is encourage alum participation – even just attendance – at the Friday, October 23, Graduate Applied Anthropology Colloquium.  Can you make some time available on that day?  If so, please call Graduate Director Nancy Romero-Daza, 974-2405.

      Although this is addressed to Michele Ogilvie, the invitation is open to other AntConn and SCOPA members as well!

      Alvin

      Alvin W. Wolfe
      Distinguished University Professor Emeritus
      Department of Anthropology
      4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SOC107
      University of South Florida
      Tampa, FL  33620-8100   813-974-0794

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2009

        Hi,

        I was wondering if anyone is attending the SMA Conference at Yale at the end of this week. I’m presenting a poster on Saturday and will be there Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning. If there are other USF/Tampa people attending, I’d love to meet up with you at the conference.

        Thanks!

        Bridget Hahm, MA, MPH (2003 dual program graduate)

        Project/Data Manager

        HSR&D/RR&D Center of Excellence, Maximizing Rehabilitation Outcomes

        James A. Haley Veterans Hospital

        Personal email: bhahm2@...

        Work email: Bridget.Hahm@...