Applied Anthropological work with a Community Organization

  • cristinarosa
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7 1:11 PM
      Does anyone know of a community organization where I can volunteer? I am a graduate student at UCF and I am taking an Applied Anthropology course. I really would like to volunteer at an organization that focuses on culture or anthropology in some way. I live in Orlando, but I am willing to commute any where in Central Florida on the weekend just for the experience.

      Thank you
    • Carolena von Trapp
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7 1:30 PM

        The Orlando Neighborhood Improvement Corporation is a 501(c)3 community development organization. The people there are dedicated and easy to work with. I don’t know if this fits in with your area of study. They have many different programs that need volunteers.  They do a lot of work in housing and at-risk youth. My contact there is Alexis Collins. Feel free to mention my name.

        Good luck,

        Carolena von Trapp

        Does anyone know of a community organization where I can volunteer? I am a graduate student at UCF and I am taking an Applied Anthropology course. I really would like to volunteer at an organization that focuses on culture or anthropology in some way. I live in Orlando, but I am willing to commute any where in Central Florida on the weekend just for the experience.

        Thank you

      • Greenbaum, Susan
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7 2:15 PM

          To Cristinarosa