You did it!

  • E.J. Ford
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19 12:58 PM
      EJ_Ford_final_blue_2resize.jpg

      Folks, we've done it.

      Despite our late start, we raised the money needed to qualify to be on the
      ballot with a little seed money left over. Some said it couldn't be done.

      The first donation the campaign received came from my good friend Dino, whom
      I've known for almost 30 years. Dino didn't give much, but what he gave
      came just at the time when I was beginning to worry that I was on a fool's
      errand. His confidence carried me forward. Your confidence in my chances
      has put me in a position I never thought I would be:

      This fall, when you go to the polling booth, toward the bottom of the
      ticket, you'll see my name: E.J. Ford, Democrat, for State Representative
      District 60.

      Ain't it cool?

      It is cool because it means that I am that much closer to getting up to
      Tallahassee and being the kind of voice in politics that you want to have.

      Take some time to congratulate yourself for helping get me this far.

      OK, now it's time to get back to work.

      This is going to be a long and difficult campaign season. We are up against
      a well-funded, three-term incumbent. We need three things to help us beat
      him and we need them now!

      1) We need volunteers. This fall, we're going to be working closely
      with the Democratic Party as part of the integrated campaign that they have
      promised to bring to our state. But, like a lot of things, you get as much
      as you give. If we have respectable crew of volunteers, we will get more
      help from the party. Plus, we'll be able to help change things on the
      national level. Check out the campaign website www.ejford.org or email me
      at ejford@...

      2) We need advice. If you have an opinion about a hot campaign issue,
      please email me at ejford@.... Whether it's offshore drilling,
      property taxes, the neglect of our education system, or campaign finance
      reform, I want to hear your opinion. Don't hold back!

      3) We need money. The sad truth of the election season is that you
      need to raise money to play. We need cash to buy the campaign signs and
      fliers. Later, we may be able to get campaign t-shirts. But for right now,
      we need some money to get our campaign rolling. You can send your
      contribution to the address below or, again, check out our campaign website
      www.ejford.org

      Please take a moment and donate or volunteer. This race matters. We need
      you and you can make a difference!

      Thanks,

      E.J. Ford Campaign

      401 Berwick Avenue

      Temple Terrace, FL 33617

      www.ejford.org

      This message is a political advertisement paid for and approved by E.J.
      Ford, Democrat, for State Representative, District 60