Institute of Homeless Studies
This may be of interest to the group Kim Hopper will be one of the Key Note Speakers.....
The 2nd Annual Camillus House Institute of Homeless Studies Symposium:
Applying Research to End HomelessnessThe best experts from around the country will be coming to Miami to present the latest research, findings, and trends on homelessness. Individuals working in the fields of homelessness, health care, and social services, community leaders and policy makers, and media are invited to join us as we learn about new ways to improve efforts to ending homelessness.Much has been learned about homelessness in the past three decades. Research has helped us learn more and more about who is homeless, what causes homelessness, and, most importantly, what it takes to end homelessness. This symposium will focus on presenting the latest research to those persons working in the fields of homelessness, healthcare, social services, or other fields.Our goal is to help translate all that research into practice, so that we can get on with this business of ending homelessness.Some of the topics covered will include:
For more information about the symposium and registration information please visit http://instituteofhomelessstudies.org/symposium.php
- Changing homeless and mainstream service systems: Essential approaches to ending homelessness
- Chronic homelessness (current trends, new housing approaches, and more)
- Family Homelessness (comparison of housing and services models)
- Direct access to housing: A health care based approach
- Foster care and homelessness
- Traumatic brain injury and cognitive impairment amongst persons experiencing homelessness
- Respite care (multi-site study results and program evaluations)
- HIV/AIDS prevention effectiveness
- Shelter utilization patterns
- Involving research in homeless programs: Perspectives from Tampa Bay
Tampa Internet - Your Connection To Tampa Bay, Florida!