The Florida Institute for Community Studies Celebrates Five Years of Operations

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2007
      Florida Institute for Community Studies
      El Instituto de Estudios Comunitarios de la Florida/
      PO Box 16745, Tampa, FL 33687 Phone: 813.249.8100 Fax: 813.249.8110
      Email: alayne@... <mailto:alayne@...>
      Press Release
      For Immediate Release: November 19, 2007
      Contact: Alayne Unterberger, Executive Director, 813.249.8100 or
      813.477.2882

      *The Florida Institute for Community Studies Celebrates Five Years of

      Operations*

      Tampa, FL: The Florida Institute for Community Studies (FICS) was founded as a non-profit organization in 2002 by a diverse group of academics and activists in order to work in partnership with communities to help them achieve their goals through research, service, education and training. Now, five years later, FICS is celebrating our first five years with two major events in December 2007.

      Tickets are currently on sale for our Fifth Anniversary Party and Fundraiser at the Lowry Park Zoo Paradise Café on Thursday, December 6,

      2007 at 6:00 PM. The evening includes dinner, music, silent auction and a special performance of Capoeira from Brazil.

      Next, FICS will host an all-day Open House at our Multicultural Family Center at 6704 Hanley Road, Tampa, FL 33634. The press and public are invited to stop by the Center anytime between 11 AM and 6 PM to meet/greet and learn about our services. HIV testing is also conducted on Fridays.

      For more information or to buy tickets to the event, please contact FICS at 813.249.8100 or email Alayne@....