FW: AAA workshop and lunch

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2007

      From: Terry Redding [mailto:terrymredding@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 5:02 PM
      To: npgreenman@...; pebeverly@...; boulange@...; bohren@...; epuccia@...; Glenn Brown; wolfe@...; wapapresident@...; mduke@...; Kimberly.Koester@...; gggrebler@...; jmullooly@...; roxanna_unt@...; graiko@...; charityjgoodman@...; susan.mann@...; mdlieber@...; cguerron@...; nataliehanson@...; wcroberts@...
      Cc: Rebecca Severson
      Subject: AAA workshop and lunch

      Hello again everyone:

      Let me first thank Rebecca Severson for keeping active as the new LPO Liaison for NAPA. I wish her much success in her term and I hope you all will work well with her. She is already off and running!

      We have some good news re the AAA meeting this November: our proposal for an LPO-type workshop was accepted. Here is the abstract we submitted:

      "Practitioners working outside the academy may consider creating their own area or regional professional support networks. This workshop will cover the creation and management of networks and organizations, including communications and outreach, membership databases, and programming, as well as support offered from NAPA . In the second hour, members of existing Local Practitioner Organizations will be on hand to discuss the practical realities of maintaining such organizations."
      The workshop is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 29, from 10 to noon. We hope each established LPO will send a member; they are welcome for the whole session but we'd like them there for at least the second hour. For those of you in fledgling or amorphous LPOs, please forward this message on to anyone you think might be interested from your area.

      Since the workshop is on Thursday, should we have our luncheon immediately thereafter or keep in on our traditional Friday slot? The luncheon is sponsored by NAPA and is open to a member of each LPO. It will be held at a restaurant near the hotel.

      As usual, we anticipate participating with NAPA at a booth in the exhibition hall, so consider preparing an informational flyer to distribute. Those of you with new/developing LPOs, especially on the east coast, should take advantage of this promotional opportunity.  A call for volunteers will also be forthcoming as the meeting approaches.

      WAPA will be hosting a reception/party in a suite on Saturday night, also.

      That's about it for now. Be sure to mark your calendars for the workshop, and respond to Rebecca and me about your lunch date preference.

      Best wishes,
      terry
      Outgoing LPO Liaison

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?