FW: From your SfAA LPO liason

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007

      From: Roberts, William C [mailto:wcroberts@...]
      Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 3:53 PM
      To: Al Wolfe; Alex Costley; Carla Guerron-Montero; Charity Goodman; Christine Wasson; Clare Boulanger; Ellen Puccia; Gillian Grebler; Glenn Brown; Jim Mullooly; Kathleen Gillogy; Katy Moran; Ken Koester; Lenora Bohren; Madelyn Iris; Michael Chapman; Michael Dke; Michael Lieber; Nancy Greenman; Paige Beverly; Roxanna Manoochehri; Sean Ryan; Stacy Graiko; Stephen Maack; Susan Mann; Ted Green; Terry Redding; Tim Wallace
      Subject: From your SfAA LPO liason

      Good afternoon everybody:

      I hope all of you have enjoyed a healthy, productive and prosperous first month of the 2007 new year!

      I’m writing to ask for your input on a couple of items.

      First, I’m working on the SfAA newsletter LPO column.  I have quite a bit from our meeting in San Jose to put in there, and will also add info about WAPA’s 30th anniversary celebration in December.  But, if you have other news that you’d like me to include, please let me know.  I will use the column to convey a number of the issues raised at the AAA meeting, such as sharing info about SfAA members in LPO areas, with the rest of the SfAA membership and leadership.  BAAPA folks, just be patient with me a little longer and I hope you’ll have some info about SfAA members in your area.

      Secondly, please don’t forget that Practicing Anthropology would like to publish Practitioner Briefs (500 words) in PA to highlight the work of practitioners and LPOs.  Please pass this along to your members.

      Also, I will continue the tradition of bringing all of the LPO leaders together in Tampa with the NAPA rep for lunch or some other occasion to talk about issues/concerns of mutual interest.  Since this is my first time organizing this, I’d appreciate any suggestions about time or place.  It doesn’t seem to be in the preliminary program, but I’ll get that taken care of.

      Will you please let me know: 1) Are you coming to Tampa ? And, 2) Would Thursday or Saturday afternoon (lunch time) work better for you to get together?

      Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

      Best wishes,

      Bill

      Bill Roberts, professor

      Department of Anthropology and Sociology

      St. Mary's College of Maryland

      18952 East Fisher Road

      St. Mary's City , MD   20686

      Office: (240) 895-4387