FW: LPO stuff for AAA meeting

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2006

      From: Terry Redding [mailto:terrymredding@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:16 AM
      To: npgreenman@...; pebeverly@...; boulange@...; bohren@...; epuccia@...; Glenn Brown; wolfe@...; wapapresident@...; mduke@...; kkoester@...; gggrebler@...; jmullooly@...; roxanna_unt@...; graiko@...; charityjgoodman@...; susan.mann@...
      Subject: LPO stuff for AAA meeting

      Greetings everyone:

      It's that time again for me to shake off the dust and get active again. Although I complain about the summer heat, it sure seems to fly by.

      In any case I need a quick vote from everyone, as in the next few days, as to whether you would rather hold a 8 to 10 am breakfast type thing, or a noon to 2 p.m. meeting at the AAA meeting in November in San Jose. The date would be Friday, Nov. 17. This will be more than a meet&greet, I hope, and I will work to find us a space where we call all talk and be heard.

      I would like to really hear about issues, concerns and problems that LPOs have, and whether we can brainstorm possible solutions, including those that would include NAPA support. For example, I am a member of WAPA and we always have a problem with tracking and maintaining membership lists. Maybe it's time to talk to NAPA again about piggybacking on their website to use their online system...

      Of course we should also share success stories; those things you have been doing that gets an enthusiastic response from members, etc.

      As we mostly know each other now, we will pass on the usual "state of the LPO" updates. We will introduce two new LPOs from Boston and New York, and it is hoped someone from those two groups will attend, as well as San Francisco, a rep from which has not yet been to one of our gatherings.

      NAPA will have a table at the meeting as as usual you are encouraged to develop an organization flyer to hand out. This should be especially useful and important to the CALPO folks; meetings in your back yard should help recruit some new members.

      So, let me know about whether you want to meet Friday am or pm. Neither time is great but they are mutually problematic for everyone. Those who submit opinions by next week will hold sway with the final schedule.

      Please mention to your membership that we will need to fill time slots at the booth for the three days (one LPO member and one NAPA member at all times, Thurday to Saturday, 9 to 4).

      Hope all is well otherwise. Please return to your normally scheduled summer activities.....

      cheers,
      terry

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 2006
        Message