FW: NAPA: Update: July 2006

  • GB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2006
      fyi
      -----Original Message-----
      From: noreplies@...
      [mailto:noreplies@...]
      Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 5:17 PM
      To: glennb39@...
      Subject: NAPA: Update: July 2006

      Dear Glenn Brown,

      July 20, 2006

      I hope everyone is having a good summer - and not swealtering too much.
      Here's my garden update: the squirrels are really enjoying the geraniums!

      One of NAPA's major activities this year will be co-sponsorship of the 2nd
      EPIC conference (Ethnographic Praxis in Industry). This was a great
      conference last year - so we are hoping that more NAPA members will get
      involved and attend this coming fall. The conference will be held at
      Intel's Portland Oregon research campus - which should be a terrific
      setting. The dates are September 24-26, 2006. There is a discounted
      registration for NAPA members. All registrants will also receive a hard
      copy of the conference proceedings.

      This conference offers a really unique opportunity for people to network in
      a relaxed setting with applied ethnographers from a "Who's Who" of private
      sector employers. For those looking for career opportunities in this area,
      EPIC will be a terrific venue for meeting potential employers and making
      contact.

      For more information, visit the EPIC website at www.epic2006.com .

      Micki Iris
      NAPA President
      miris@...

      If you do not know your access information, you can look it up via the
      following web page:

      http://www.practicinganthropology.org/bin/login.cfm?option=lookup