Estabrook appointed Director of FPAN

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26 8:40 AM
      SCOPA members will be interested to learn that Richard Estabrook (MA,
      Applied Anthropology USF) has been appointed Director and Public
      Archaeologist at the FPAN Tampa Bay Center. The FPAN Tampa Center,
      based at the nationally recognized Museum of Science and Industry
      (MOSI) in Tampa, will assist educators, government agencies, local
      archaeological and historical groups, and the public to explore,
      interpret, and protect Tampa Bay's rich archaeological heritage. The
      FPAN Tampa Bay Center is one of the three charter Public Archaeology
      Centers that will be operational this summer
      (http://www.flpublicarchaeology.org).

      Richard has more than two decades of experience with the archaeology
      of the central Florida, having conducted more than 500 archaeological
      assessment surveys, 39 site evaluations, and seven major
      excavations. His research interests include lithic technology,
      experimental archaeology, and computer applications in archaeology.
      He plans to bring his enthusiasm for stone tools and field
      archaeology to the Center.

      Contact information is not complete; indeed, the new paint at the
      FPAN Tampa Bay Center is not yet dry. However, you can contact Rich
      through the USF Anthropology Department at 831.974.2138 or
      restabro@....
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26 9:46 AM
        you know, it seems to me that it might be a good use of this list for
        people to introduce themselves so we know everyone who is involved in
        anthropology locally. Just a thought. It was good to learn about
        Richard so it might be nice for all of us to hear from each other.