FW: [reprohealth] CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR the Achieving the Millennium Development Goals: Poverty Reduction, Reproductive Health and Health Sector Reform

  • GB
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 7:46 PM
      From: Lan Joo [mailto:ljoo@...]
      Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 3:54 PM
      To: Reproductive Health E-Newsletter
      Subject: [reprohealth] CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR the Achieving the
      Millennium Development Goals: Poverty Reduction, Reproductive Health and
      Health Sector Reform

      Dear Colleagues,

      We are pleased to announce the next offering of the Global Course:
      Achieving the Millennium Development Goals: Poverty Reduction, Reproductive
      Health and Health Sector Reform" which will be held from
      14-25 August, 2006 in Bangkok, Thailand. The course explores key elements
      in designing efficient, equitable and financially sustainable population
      policies and reproductive health programs in the context of health sector
      reform and Millennium Development Goals. After attending the course,
      participants learn to recognize how the changing international and national
      policy environments affect their work in population and reproductive health
      and to identify the linkages among health, gender and poverty.

      This two-week course is designed for staff from governments, donor agencies,
      international organizations, the World Bank, and NGOs working in the health
      sector. In addition, it targets staff from training and research
      institutions, as well as academics and researchers working in the areas of
      health, public administration and social sector reform.

      The course is a face-to-face learning event and will be held at the
      Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand. The sessions will consist of
      presentations, readings, case studies and group work. Participants must
      have a good working knowledge of English to participate.

      Participants will be charged a course fee of $2,000 and should expect to
      incur additional expenses locally of $1,000-$1,200 including accommodation
      and meals. Participants are also responsible for purchasing their own
      airline tickets.

      Please visit our website at www.worldbank.org/wbi/reprohealth for more
      information regarding the course objectives, content and design. We would
      kindly request your help in forwarding this announcement to potential
      participants in your partner institutions and collaborating agencies.

      To apply for the Course, we would encourage you to do so online through our
      website. The application deadline is June 15, 2006. Should you have any
      questions, please contact the Course Coordinator Ms. Lan Joo.

      On behalf of the Course Faculty and the Health and AIDS Team of the World
      Bank Institute, I cordially welcome you to join us for this course.

      Sincerely,
      Lan Joo, Course Coordinator
      World Bank Institute, Human Development Group
      1818 H Street, N.W. MSN J3-302, Washington, DC 20433, U.S.A.
      Tel: +1 202 473 4805
      Fax:+1 202 676 0961
      Email: ljoo@...

      ---