FW: Friday LPO luncheon

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2005

      From: Terry Redding [mailto:terrymredding@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:51 AM
      Subject: Re: Friday LPO luncheon

      Hi again:

      Please find attached a rough agenda for our lunch. I am delighted to note that NAPA president Micki Iris will be joining us to hear your thoughts and comments.

      I called today and made a reservation for the Lebanese Taverna, 2641 Connecticut Ave NW. (http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/menus/rest_menu.php).   This is across the street from the hotel. I will go there Weds to check acoustics; someone just warned it can get pretty loud there, although they said they could seat us in the back. If there is a change I'll try to mail it on Weds and post the change at the booth where the NAPA stuff will be (PAWG [practitioners] booth). Since there will be 10-12 of us we really need someplace that's not overly loud. That ruled out the Irish pub nearby...

      Travel safe and see you Friday,

      terry

      Terry Redding <terrymredding@...> wrote:

      Hello LPO folks:

      I had hoped to be writing today to confirm our venue for Friday's NAPA LPO luncheon. I did a scouting trip today but unfortunately both my top picks were not open for Sunday lunch. In any case, it should be one of these three (in order):

      Afghan Grill, 2309 Calvert St

      Lebanese Taverna, 2641 Connecticut Ave

      A Taste of India , Connecticut Ave.

      I will try to confirm a reservation tomorrow (Monday) and get back to you. If I don't, please check in at the PAWG table during the meetings; by then I'll have sorted it out and will post the info there. All of these restaurant choices are a 5 minute walk away, near the metro station. As ever, we can gather at the booth at 11:45 and walk together, or we'll just see you there.

      Remember the lunch is noon to 2. We will discuss needs, general issues, and share information and suggestions on making LPOs stronger.

      So far, confirmations are

      BAAPA:  Uncertain

      CAPA: Uncertain

      Central Valley : Jim Mullooly

      High Plains: Claire Boulanger

      MSAPA: Not attending

      SCAAN: Hilarie Kelly (part of lunch)

      SCOPA: Ellen Puccia

      TAPAS: Roxanna Manoochehri

      WAPA: uncertain

      SfAA: Leni Bohren, Pam Puntenney

      I may have missed a confirmation so please let me know if you have indeed confirmed someone already. (If you don't know who all these acronyms are, please attend and find out!) Also, if you are not confirmed, please let me know who will attend for your LPO.  There may also be attendees from NAPA leadership but we won't know until Friday.

      In addition, please ensure that you or someone from your group brings any flyers or materials to distribute to the booth when we are setting up on Thursday morning, anytime after 9 am. If you want any unused materials, please pick them up from the booth on Saturday at 4 p.m.

      I'll try to send a lunch location confirmation and directions by Wednesday. Happy Travels, and see you at the booth or luncheon!

      best wishes,

      terry