FW: AAA booth for applied/practicing anthros; annual luncheon

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2005

      Apologies for cross postings.

      Glenn

      From: Terry Redding [mailto:terrymredding@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:56 PM
      Subject: AAA booth for applied/practicing anthros; annual luncheon

      Dear LPO members and friends;

      I am sorry to have been out of touch. But I do have good news: AAA will be working with the Practicing Anthropology Working Group to provide a big booth at the meeting this year in Washington DC . The booth will include not only NAPA and LPOs, but all relevant AAA sections who attend. It is said there will be computers and maybe a video projector provided. I'll let you know as time approaches. The booth will be hope from 9 to 5, Thursday through Saturday (December 1 to 3). As ever, I would like LPOs to bring along flyers, notepads, information, pencils, and especially volunteers to be at the booth. I don't think there will be room for individual banners, though. Please begin to circulate the information among your membership and let me know ASAP so I can slot you in to your ideal time. I am hoping folks will volunteer for one or two hours, preferably though not necessarily concurrent. Let me know what kind of materials you might want to bring along as well, so I can try to coordinate the space.

      Also, I would like to schedule our annual luncheon from noon to 2 on Friday, Dec. 2. We can go to a nearby restaurant for a roundtable. I will dust off the agenda from the infamous San Francisco non-meeting, and we can try to make this a productive effort. Please let me know if you or a proxy will plan to attend. This roundtable will also be open to potential and defunct LPO folks, but should include only one member per group. Does everyone like Afghani food?

      Remember to forward your news and announcements to the NAPA Secretary, Mari Clarke, so she can include them in the Antho Newsletter: mariclarke@...

      I owe a couple of you messages and will try to get to those shortly. Please note my new email address as well. If you are no longer the point person for your LPO, please forward this notice as needed.

      I look forward to seeing everyone in December, and getting updated as to your organizations!

      With best wishes,

      terry