FW: Katrina PeopleFinder Project update: 345,000+ records of missing persons

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2005
      From: HUman Service Information Technology Applications
      [mailto:HUSITA@...] On Behalf Of Deborah Elizabeth Finn
      Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:58 AM
      To: HUSITA@...
      Subject: Katrina PeopleFinder Project update: 345,000+ records of
      missing persons

      Dear Colleagues,

      I hope that you'll be pleased by this update: the Katrina
      PeopleFinder Project, which is compiling records of missing persons
      from all available online sources, now has a searchable database of
      over 345,000 records.

      For more information about this volunteer project, please go to
      <http://192.122.183.218/wiki/index.php/Katrina_PeopleFinder_Project>
      or <http://www.katrinalist.net>.

      Best regards from Deborah

      Deborah Elizabeth Finn
      Boston, Massachusetts, USA
      deborah_elizabeth_finn@...
      http://blog.deborah.elizabeth.finn.com/blog
      http://public.xdi.org/=deborah.elizabeth.finn

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2005

        Glenn—thanks so much for sharing this wonderful resource.  I am forwarding to a physician in Baton Rouge who recently emailed us asking for any help we could provide the many patients he is treating from New Orleans.  Those who survive are often separated from their family at a time we would all need family most.  This website can be a valuable resource to expedite their search.

        Thais

        T.R. Forbes, M.A.

        Vasectomy & Reversal Centers of Florida

        3000 East Fletcher Avenue, Suite 330