Re: [SCOPA] Central Park Development

  • RHabin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 3, 2005
          Unrfortunately, I'm getting lots of advertisements for Microsoft Windows XP every time I try to open the file winmail.dat. Wish I could join in.
          Is it referring to Tribune editorials I could find on line?

                                                                                                          Ron
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 16, 2005
        I just learned that this morning, right now, they are having a
        presentation of the Development plans, at the Tampa Housing Authority,
        1514 Union St, 253-0551. Sorry we didn't know about it earlier.
        --Alvin
      • E.J. Ford
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 16, 2005
          I have been following the coverage of the Central Park Village development
          stuff for a while now and I wanted to point out something that may be
          obvious to most readers of this series of emails:

          The THA is not asking the question of the current resident that they should
          be asking. What they are asking is something like: "Aren't these new
          constructions a whole lot better than what you have now?" Only a fool would
          say that they are not a significant improvement. When, in reality, what
          they should be asking is: "Would you allow us to build these new places if
          you knew that you would be unlikely to pass the readmission application that
          is required for all residents of the new place?"

          Again, this may strike people as obvious, but the "resident's association"
          has bought into the idea that anything would be better than what they have
          presently - they haven't given much thought to the idea that some/all of the
          current residents will be displaced. Dr. Greenbaum pointed out, when
          Civitas was first under construction, that what is actually happening is
          that residents are expressing a disconnect - they understand that people
          will be displaced, but they assume that they will be someone else.

          Let's keep all this in mind as the project moves inexorably forward and
          residents begin to be quoted.

          EJ "I know you knew this already - I wasn't talking to you" Ford

          I just learned that this morning, right now, they are having a
          presentation of the Development plans, at the Tampa Housing Authority,
          1514 Union St, 253-0551. Sorry we didn't know about it earlier.

        • Greenbaum, Susan
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 16, 2005
            Beverly, Shari, Wendy, and I attended. It was very interesting. I conferred briefly with Jerome, Leroy and Don Wallace about our continued interest in helping with the transition for residents and other issues where we have something to offer. They spoke several times about preserving and reusing the Meachum School, an outcome that was not originally planned. Much credit is owed to David Butler and the community members he mobilized to make sure its historic value was certified.

            We welcome any advice and assistance that members of the list can offer our ongoing effort to both measure and mitigate any adverse impacts of this redevelopment. We will be starting our meetings again soon. If you have a specific interest in being included, please let me know.

            Susan

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 16, 2005
              EJ is correct that the most difficult problem will be the disqualifiers that have kept the vast majority of previous relocatees from being able to move back into the redeveloped housing. This issue is one of our top priorities. Good ideas are especially welcome on that.

              ________________________________

              I just learned that this morning, right now, they are having a
              presentation of the Development plans, at the Tampa Housing Authority,
              1514 Union St, 253-0551. Sorry we didn't know about it earlier.

            • Ward, Beverly
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 16, 2005

                here's the proposers' web site, http://www.centralparktampa.com/

                I just learned that this morning, right now, they are having a
                presentation of the Development plans, at the Tampa Housing Authority,
                1514 Union St, 253-0551.  Sorry we didn't know about it earlier.
                --Alvin

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              • RHabin@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 16, 2005
                  Thank you Beverly. I will peruse it soon. And, they quote Eleanor Roosevelt!

                                                                                                          Best wishes,

                                                                                                          Ron
                • Greenbaum, Susan
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 16, 2005
                    Ron,

                    One of the developer/planning groups is from Orlando. Gladding-Jackson (I think that was the name). Do you know anything about their work there?

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 17, 2005
                      Beverly,

                          I will check it out among other contacts at OHA.
                          As to your attachment, my computer doesn't seem to like dat. suffixes. I keep getting bounced to Microsoft products (what else) with no hard information as to which patch I need.
                          Send attachment w/o dat suffix?

                                                                                                                      Best,

                                                                                                                      Ron
                    • Ward, Beverly
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 17, 2005
                        it may be a good thing your computer doesn't like *.dats. i don't recall sending you an attachment. if it was the email to scopa, i did include the website link, which some programs treat as attachments. but, it shouldn't have had a dat.

                        take care.

                        Online social science degree <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Online+social+science+degree&w1=Online+social+science+degree&w2=Social+science+degree&w3=Social+science+education&w4=Social+science+major&w5=Social+science+class&w6=Social+science+college&c=6&s=171&.sig=qUTKndg76dTq-MPE9m_CHA> Social science degree <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Social+science+degree&w1=Online+social+science+degree&w2=Social+science+degree&w3=Social+science+education&w4=Social+science+major&w5=Social+science+class&w6=Social+science+college&c=6&s=171&.sig=vk28IMI-w5zVM6rcbRitMw> Social science education <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Social+science+education&w1=Online+social+science+degree&w2=Social+science+degree&w3=Social+science+education&w4=Social+science+major&w5=Social+science+class&w6=Social+science+college&c=6&s=171&.sig=XgwCCIt80XSW8V15uIvoGg>
                        Social science major <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Social+science+major&w1=Online+social+science+degree&w2=Social+science+degree&w3=Social+science+education&w4=Social+science+major&w5=Social+science+class&w6=Social+science+college&c=6&s=171&.sig=kWjxYkZKPq0_Bx_e1SsLXA> Social science class <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Social+science+class&w1=Online+social+science+degree&w2=Social+science+degree&w3=Social+science+education&w4=Social+science+major&w5=Social+science+class&w6=Social+science+college&c=6&s=171&.sig=hmjbBhDldZBnoZuz-WDB3Q> Social science college <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Social+science+college&w1=Online+social+science+degree&w2=Social+science+degree&w3=Social+science+education&w4=Social+science+major&w5=Social+science+class&w6=Social+science+college&c=6&s=171&.sig=bToALWRNM2SuV2p7mQXx-A>