Text of THA RFQ re Central Park Village

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 9:13 AM
      Sorry, I could not put the file into YahooGroups as a web file, so I
      am just putting the text herebelow. --Alvin
      Development Opportunity in Downtown Tampa, Florida
      Request for Developer Qualifications
      Solicitation NO: RFQ-2005-25ORED
      The Housing Authority of the City of Tampa, also known as the Tampa
      Housing Authority ("THA"), in a collaborative effort with the
      City of
      Tampa, Hillsborough County, and the residents of Central Park
      Village, is seeking the services of a development team to plan and
      redevelop a public housing community known as Central Park Village.

      Central Park Village is sited on 28 acres and consists of 484 units
      of multi-family public housing built in the 1950s. It borders one of
      the gateways to downtown Tampa, forms part of a culturally and
      historically significant African-American neighborhood and, together
      with other City-owned lots in the area, vacant or under-utilized
      parcels adjacent and nearby, represents one of the most interesting
      parcels of developable land in Tampa. Additionally, it rests adjacent
      to the current downtown CBD and forms part of the area between
      downtown, the Channelside District and Historic Ybor City, all of
      which are experiencing tremendous growth and development. Given the
      current demographics, growth patterns and population increases for
      the City of Tampa and Hillsborough County, Central Park Village
      arguably represents the most significant redevelopment undertaking
      for Tampa in the coming decades.
      Complete details of the requirements are contained in the official
      Request for Qualifications package. Interested developers may
      request a copy of the official request for qualifications, on or
      after April 11, 2005, by contacting the THA Contracting Office at
      813/253-0551 ext. 317 or by visiting the contracting offices located
      at 808 North Rome Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33606.

      The deadline for submitting responses is 2:00 PM (prevailing Tampa
      time) on May 16, 2005. The deadline for written questions is 2:00 pm
      (prevailing Tampa time) on April 21, 2005.

      THE HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF TAMPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
      EMPLOYER.
      BY ORDER OF JEROME D. RYANS, PRESIDENT/CEO.