RE: [SCOPA] SCOPA's relations with SfAA/NAPA LPOs

  • Bridget Hahm
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23 1:42 PM
      I had contacted Terry about any LPO activities but he had said someone was representing SCOPA so I did not attend the LPO luncheon. Did anyone else go?
      Bridget
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24 9:30 AM

        hi everyone

        I think Terry thought I was going to go but since Alvin was going I figured he would go -- we never discussed it and I did not attend.  In the future we should probably communicate directly.

        BTW at the NAPA board meeting Terry brought up the topic of how NAPA can support LPOs like SCOPA.  This is an old discussion -- way back when I was the student representative to NAPA board this discussion was tabled.  Now I would suggest that SCOPA re-think what, if anything, you/we would like to see from NAPA and be very specific to Terry so that he can advocate for us.  Here is what we had previously discussed:

        1. NAPA can help host websites for LPOs -by the way, does SCOPA have a website?  Terry set one up a long time ago on my usf account.

        2. Why not check out www.practicinganthropology.org and use this forum to figure out what works best for us?

        Take care!

        From: Bridget Hahm <bhahm@...>

        Date: Saturday, April 23, 2005 4:42 pm

        Subject: RE: [SCOPA] SCOPA's relations with SfAA/NAPA LPOs

      • epuccia@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 24 4:23 PM
          I went to the LPO luncheon.  I haven't typed up my notes from the meeting yet, but I have many suggestions from the group as well as some ideas of my own.  Glenn suggested that we are trying to gain membership and organization, so that's what I focused on with the other LPO representatives.  Give me a few days to get my notes together, and I will send you all of the information.

          Ellen