Central Avenue Update

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23 1:03 PM
      On my return, I notice that SCOPA members have not been sharing much
      information via the SCOPA YahooGroup. My communication has been
      seriously curtailed these past few months due to a shoulder
      immobilizer subsequent to surgery. Now I need only a sling so I am
      back.

      Upon my return, I have found a few items of interest, but I am sure
      some SCOPA Members have much more and I hope they will share it.

      In the Minutes of the March 23 Meeting of the Neighborhood and
      Communities Task Group, under "Central Park Forum" I found:
      "Susan Greenbaum informed the group that the follow-up committee for
      the forum was held on March 11th. The follow-up committee is
      currently completing two summaries documenting the event. The
      initial summary consists of a four-page description with photographs
      that will be sent to all attendees of the forum and community
      members. The longer report is approximately sixteen pages and
      provides greater detail on the workings of the event.

      "The follow-up committee created an additional sub-committee to
      follow up the community needs expressed at the table such as the
      relocation concerns of residents. Additionally, they are currently
      writing grants for formalization and staffing to assist in funding
      and documentation efforts of the forum.

      "An additional meeting on the forum is being planned. Dr. Greenbaum
      advised that the morning of April 12th is the tentative date for the
      meeting, which will be held at the Resident's Association."

      ?Did anybody participate in the April 12th meeting of the Follow-Up
      Committee?

      At the USF Collaborative Directors Meeting on April 18, although they
      talked some about Central Avenue and Central Park Village, I heard no
      mention of that April 12th meeting. However, Robin Jones did mention
      that the Tampa Housing Authority (or the Mayor's AdHoc Task Group?)
      had issued an RFQ. Does anybody know about that? Does it say
      anything about need for a social impact Assessment? We should not
      drop the ball.

      --Alvin
    • Brian McEwen
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 25 1:43 PM
        I did not attend the meeting and have no information. Sorry.
        Brian McEwen

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26 2:06 AM
          The forum organizers have been swamped with end of semester work.  We have produced the summary; nice color glossy with photos that will be sent out shortly.  We have also written a grant proposal to continue the impact assessment this summer.

[...]

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/TzSHvD/SOnJAA/79vVAA/5IYolB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Ward, Beverly
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26 6:32 AM
            the rfq was made available 04/11/05.  the ad, http://www.uli.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home&CONTENTID=18171&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm, doesn't mention an sia.  it would be interesting to see the full package.