Fwd: Second Anthroscope Radio Show: International Women's Day

  • G B
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2005
      Sorry for any cross postings.

      "Bird, Elizabeth" <ebird@...> wrote:
      Subject: Second Anthroscope Radio Show: International Women's Day
      Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 10:51:19 -0500
      From: "Bird, Elizabeth" <ebird@...>
      To: "USF Anthropology list" <usf-ant@...>

      As part of a day of special day of WMNF 88.5 FM programming on Tuesday, March 8 (International Women's Day), we will be presenting our second Anthroscope radio show. Details:

      1:00 � 2:00 p.m.   Anthroscope: Applying the insights of

      Anthropology to current events and issues.  Liz Bird, Professor and Chair of the Department of Anthropology, USF, host. Her guests will be USF

      anthropologist Nancy White, who will discuss the history and

      cross-cultural variation of gender roles, and Carole Nagengast,

      Professor and Chair of Anthropology at the University of New Mexico. Dr.

      Nagengast writes on international human rights, especially relating to

      women; she has served on the Board of Directors of Amnesty

      International, and is the co-editor of Human Rights: The Scholar as

      Activist, published by the Society for Applied Anthropology, and described by former President Jimmy Carter as a book �that will guide human rights scholars and advocates for years to come.�

      Tune in, call in, and support our outreach efforts! You can also listen to the show live at www.wmnf.org

      *********************

      S. Elizabeth Bird

      Professor and Chair: Department of Anthropology

      University of South Florida

      SOC 107

      4202 E. Fowler Ave.

      Tampa, FL 33620