488FW: [NNIPNews] Two senior job openings with the Annie E Casey Foundation in Baltimore

    Nov 19, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 464 Bytes

    From: NNIPNews [mailto:nnipnews-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Pettit, Kathryn
    Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:01 PM
    To: NNIPNEWS
    Subject: [NNIPNews] Two senior job openings with the Annie E Casey Foundation in Baltimore

    Here are 2 job openings at the Annie E. Casey Foundation.  See links for more details and instructions on how to apply.

    Senior Associate – Evaluation & Research, Knowledge Support Team

    http://www.aecf.org/AboutUs/Careers/SeniorAssociateEvalKS.aspx?Method=

    Position Summary: Reporting to the Associate Director of the Knowledge Support (KS) team, the Senior Associate will lead efforts to evaluate the Foundation’s influence-related activities (for example, policy analysis and advocacy, communications, and partnerships with national organizations and other philanthropies). This work includes both building the self-evaluation capacity of Foundation staff and grantees, and overseeing the design and management of independent, third-party evaluations. The Senior Associate will also be the lead KS staff person working with one or more of the Foundation’s program teams.

    Senior Associate – Performance Management, Knowledge Support Team

    http://www.aecf.org/AboutUs/Careers/SeniorAssociatePerformanceMngmnt.aspx?Method

    Position Summary: Reporting to the Vice President who leads the KS team, the Senior Associate will be responsible for developing and implementing a performance management system for the Foundation. In this context, we are referring to the performance of the Foundation’s programmatic efforts. The Foundation has an existing system for evaluating the performance of individual staff members. Casey has long experience with data-driven management, and has utilized Results-Based Accountability as a tool for more than a decade. We now seek to more consistently, for each of our portfolios, identify desired results, measure our progress against those results, and use what we learn to improve our performance. Senior managers throughout the Foundation will take up this responsibility, relying on KS to help develop the tools and capacity needed to do it well.

    Kathryn LS Pettit
    Senior Research Associate
    Metropolitan Housing and Communities Policy Center
    The Urban Institute