      From: Andrew Tarter [mailto:andrew.tarter@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 5:43 PM
      To: Andrew tarter
      Subject: An Inquiry about the Student Mentoring Session at SfAAs in Baltimore

      Greetings,

      As incoming president of the Student Committee for the Society for Applied Anthropology, I have been tasked to assemble a group for the Student Mentoring session at this years SfAA meetings in Baltimore.

      The purpose of the session is to allow students to hear from experienced applied anthros working both within and outside of academia.  The venue provides a chance for students to hear about the important decisions and preparations that guided the career paths of the session members, to understand their style and scope of work, and to hear what they find enriching about their work.

      The session format is informal, with members sharing advice and stories, and then opening the floor for a question and answer session from students.  We may divide into break-out groups focused on more specific work domains: NGOs, academia, government, business, etc.

      So the purpose of this email is to: (1) inquire if you'd be willing to commit to sitting on this informal panel; and (2) if not, if you'd be willing to forward* this email on to potential session members you may know of.

      *Please note that we are trying to avoid sending this to the big anthro. listservs.

      The session is on Thursday, March 29th, from 1:30-3:20p, at the Baltimore Sheraton.

      Thank you so much for your time and consideration.  I look forward to hearing from you.

      Best,

      Andrew Tarter

      Incoming Student President

      Student Committee

      Society for Applied Anthropology

      --
      Andrew Tarter

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic message is confidential and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email or any of its components is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please "reply" to the sender.

      Information contained in this message is part of an educational record and is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.  This information is being shared with the addressee(s) because of legitimate educational interest.  Any re-disclosure of this information must be done in accordance with FERPA or the student's consent.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify me by telephone or electronic mail.