452Fwd: NAPA and LPO information - AAA meetings in Montreal

    Oct 20, 2011
    Sent from my iPad

    Begin forwarded message:

    From: <Epuccia@...<mailto:Epuccia@...>>
    Date: October 20, 2011 9:50:25 PM EDT
    To: <kimberly.koester@...<mailto:kimberly.koester@...>>, <mduke@...<mailto:mduke@...>>, <jmullooly@...<mailto:jmullooly@...>>, <boulange@...<mailto:boulange@...>>, <bohren@...<mailto:bohren@...>>, <gggrebler@...<mailto:gggrebler@...>>, <wapapresident@...<mailto:wapapresident@...>>, <paul.s.yoder@...<mailto:paul.s.yoder@...>>, <graiko@...<mailto:graiko@...>>, <cguerron@...<mailto:cguerron@...>>, <nataliehanson@...<mailto:nataliehanson@...>>, <vgarcia@...<mailto:vgarcia@...>>, <susan.mann@...<mailto:susan.mann@...>>, <pebeverly@...<mailto:pebeverly@...>>, <k.lambert-pennington@...<mailto:k.lambert-pennington@...>>, <kbrondo@...<mailto:kbrondo@...>>, <GBrown@...<mailto:GBrown@...>>, <cwasson@...<mailto:cwasson@...>>, <epinsker@...<mailto:epinsker@...>>, <mlongoni@...<mailto:mlongoni@...>>, <cguerron@...<mailto:cguerron@...>>, <wapa.newsletter@...<mailto:wapa.newsletter@...>>
    Subject: NAPA and LPO information - AAA meetings in Montreal

    Hello, LPO leaders. I hope all is well with you and your LPO.

    As the AAA annual meeting is rapidly approaching, there are several items I would like to make the LPO's aware of before the meeting. Please forward this information to members of your LPO as needed. Thanks.

    1. NAPA/LPO booth volunteers: NAPA will have a booth at the Employer Expo on Friday, November 18 from 11-4. We will also have a booth at the Grad Student Fair on Saturday, November 19 from 10-2. We are looking for volunteers to work an hour each (or more) at the NAPA/LPO booth. With so much traffic from students and early career professionals, this would be a good way to meet potential new members for your organization. No special knowledge is needed. Info about all LPO's will be available at the booths. The location of the booth will be listed in the conference program. Volunteers should sign up with Ellen Puccia: epuccia@...<mailto:epuccia@...>. Please see attached sign-up sheet.

    2. Supply your LPO flyer for the booth: Please ask someone to drop off flyers or brochures that describe your LPO for us to hand out at the NAPA/LPO booth at AAA so people will know who to contact, etc. You can e-mail a flyer to Ellen Puccia, epuccia@...<mailto:epuccia@...> at any time before the meeting, or you can leave the flyers with the NAPA volunteers at the NAPA booth in the Employer Expo at 11 am on Friday, November 18.

    3. Be an instant mentor: If anyone would be interested in serving as an instant mentor for students and early career professionals at the AAA meetings, please contact the instant mentor coordinator Ellen Puccia, epuccia@...<mailto:epuccia@...>. This program has been a great success at past meetings. Please contact the mentor coordinator soon to reserve your preferred time slot. Please see attached sign-up sheet.

    4. Represent your LPO at the LPO luncheon: On Friday, Nov 18, from 12noon-2pm, we will have our annual LPO luncheon at a nearby restaurant. This will be primarily a social function where we can informally discuss news and issues relevant to LPO's. This would be a great time for new LPO organizers and more seasoned LPO participants to share their experiences from many perspectives. There are several options for lunch, but we are trying to find a place with local Montreal cuisine. The LPO member from your organization who plans to attend the luncheon should e-mail Ellen Puccia, epuccia@...<mailto:epuccia@...> as soon as possible.

    Thank you so much for your help with these matters. I look forward to hearing from you.

    Ellen Puccia
    LPO Liaison and Volunteer Coordinator
    NAPA