286Re: [SCOPA] FW: NAPA - LPO table/booth at the SfAA

    Mar 20 1:22 PM
      Hi everyone! This email is FYI and a volunteer request.

      Most of you probably don't remember this far back, but when I was more
      involved with SCOPA, we cosponsored the SfAA meetings in San Juan Puerto
      Rico in 1998. I was on the planning committee and SCOPA contributed
      about 5 sessions. It was great. Along those lines, we also had a table
      and recruited members, since we were the closest LPO (Local Practitioner
      Organization) to the Meetings that year.

      NAPA is the National Association for the Practice of Anthropology, a
      section under the AAA. It is the "applied/practicing" arm of AAA. I was
      on the NAPA board as the Student Representative from the University of
      Florida.

      I remain active with both NAPA and SfAA. That being said, there is a
      NAPA Student Professional Social (free beer, wine, cheese) on Wednesday
      night and I have "personned" the LPO table before so if you want me to,
      I am happy to sit there for a shift. NAPA lets LPOs like SCOPA promote
      ourselves this way. Does anyone else want to volunteer a shift with me?
      We need flyers, a schedule of SCOPA meetings and those famous keychains,
      if Al still has them!!!!

      Glenn Brown wrote:

> [...]
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic