      From: Glenn [mailto:anthroman40@...]
      Sent: Sun 3/7/2004 10:54 AM
      To: SCOPA@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SCOPA] Dear Jeffery: Thanks so much for your response

      Subject: RE: SCOPA

      Dear Jeffery: Thanks so much for your response to myquestion
      about how we (SCOPA, et al.) might make some progress assuring that
      asocial impact assessment should be done on any development of the
      Central ParkArea of Tampa (such as the Civitas' proposal or any
      other). I thinkyour response should be shared with other SCOPA
      members on SCOPA YahooGroup.

      By copy of this message, I am asking Glenn Brown if hewould be so
      kind as to subscribe you to the SCOPA YahooGroup and, if itis
      convenient, to send this message on for us.

      The SCOPA members should be reminded that you did your MA
      AppliedAnthropology Internship on the impact assessment for the
      original widening of Fletcher Avenue from a little two lane road to
      what it is now! That was manyyears ago! Did you not have to warn
      the contractors to watch out forwoolly mammoths? I remember well
      one of your warnings: "Never playleapfrog with a unicorn," you
      said.

      --Alvin Wolfe