Re: [SCENERY] Making water?

  • Kathy Hendricks
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
      Darryl,
      What happens after the 6 months to the gloss medium and mod podge?

      Kathy

      That's it. If you use gloss medium or Mod Podge (same thing), it will look
      > great for 6 months. With the epoxy, it will look great forever.
      >
      > If you use the polyurethane, apply it in one coat only. Very thin.
      >
      > Darryl Huffman
    • RS
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
        Kathy Hendricks wrote:

        > Darryl,
        > What happens after the 6 months to the gloss medium and mod podge?
        >
        > Kathy

        I was wondering the same thing myself as I've got a Mod Podge pond
        that was poured a couple of years ago and it still looks the same...in
        fact I've got some Mod Podge "water" in HO bathtubs that's over 10 years
        old and hasn't changed a bit...since Mod Podge is a water base product
        maybe it's affected if the layout room has high humidity?...I run a
        dehumidifier to protect my basement layout from dampness so maybe that's
        why I've had no problems with the Mod Podge...although it seems to me
        that a room that's too damp for Mod Podge would also create problems
        with rusting metal in motors, power packs, etc...

        Rod
      • Darryl Huffman
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
          Gloss medium is relatively soft. It scratches easily when dusted off. The
          gloss disappears.

          Epoxy is relatively hard. It retains the gloss much, much longer.

          Darryl Huffman
          Anchorage, Alaska

          Don't forget to check out my website at:
          http://www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/contact.html
        • Hall, Peter
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
            How about epoxy over gloss medium?

            Thanks. Pete

            Gloss medium is relatively soft. It scratches easily when dusted off. The
            gloss disappears.

            Epoxy is relatively hard. It retains the gloss much, much longer.

            Darryl Huffman
            Anchorage, Alaska

            Don't forget to check out my website at:
            http://www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/contact.html
            <http://www.darrylhuffman.50megs.com/contact.html>

            *******NOTE*******
            As a courtesy to all members, before responding to emails DELETE ALL that
            you are NOT responding to. This includes all the Yahoo addons at the end of
            each email

            Remember- Too many emails, Change the way you get your emails. Go to edit my
            Membership on the Groups frontpage and select the way they come to you. Try
            Digest mode.

            To Unsubscribe from the group send an email to
            Scenery-Unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

            <?---- LSpots keywords ?><?---- HM ADS ?>

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS