engine whine noise

  • djkhunter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 3, 2009
      Anyone have an idea,

      I had the 36000 mile service done in January. So I have not put but 200-300 miles on since then. I noticed last weekend that there seemed to be a different noise coming from the front of the bike (I think the engine). It seems to be a whine or air sound, like a vacum hose noise on a car. I only mentioned the earlier service just incase that service may be a factor like a new belt or something. Has anyone ran into this kind of sound? It is a 2003 R1200CLC

      Thanks,
      David
    • Randol Doug
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 14, 2009
        I have made the trip a couple of times on the bike.  Iron Pony is a great store.  There is a good breakfast diner near Indian Lake just past Lakeview on the right hand side of US 33.

        Enjoy the trip.

        Doug