Meeting Minutes-October 22 SCB Club Meeting

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2005
      Summit City Beemers (SCB)
      Club Meeting Minutes
      Date: October 22, 2005 10:00AM
      Location: Woodson Motorsports

      The Summit City Beemers meeting commenced at 10:05AM at Woodson
      Motorsports. We had 8 members present. President Jim Spangle called
      the meeting to order.

      Meeting Attendees: Jim Spangle, Doug Randol, Matt Moran, Roger
      Diederich, Steve Tumbleson, Mike Collins, and Dolly Collins.

      Upcoming SCB Holiday Dinner-Thursday December 1 at 6:30PM at the Fire
      Mountain Restaurant in Auburn, Indiana (I-69 exit 129). Dolly Collins
      has the reservations made and we look forward to everyone attending.
      Plans are to elect officers at the dinner meeting and vote on the SCB
      logo.

      ****E-Mail Update-please send me an e-mail note at tango5699@...
      so I can update my list and ensure all of you are getting the club
      information.****

      The Summit City Beemers annual Cook-out at Jim Spangle's Silver Lake
      Farm was held on Saturday September 10. It was a beautiful day for
      the 45 minute ride to the site. There were activities for the kids, a
      hay ride, plenty of food and drinks, and lots of camaraderie among the
      participants. Some pictures are posted on the SCB website.

      Meeting discussions included:
      · The club would like to create a newsletter and is interested in
      contributors for articles to be included. Contact Matt Moran
      (mmoran54@...) if you would like to help or contribute articles.
      · Several SCB club members attended the Hoosier Beemer Rally in North
      Vernon, IN and the RA Rally in Shelbyville.
      · The club is still interested in hosting a joint Michiana BMW/Summit
      City Beemer Club rally in 2006. Ideas for the event are solicited.
      · BMWMOA National Rally: Essex Junction, Vermont July 20-23, 2006.
      It's not too early to plan and add this to your calendar.
      · Steve Tumbleson offered the use of his shop for a Tech Day in the
      April 2006 timeframe. Watch the website for more details.
      · SCB Logo/Patch-you artists out there need to finalize your design
      for the SCB logo/patch as it will be voted on at the December 1
      Holiday Dinner. Bring your design with you.
      · Early Bird Membership-Sign up for your 2006 membership during
      December and save $4.00 off the annual $24.00 fee. Your membership
      gets you a 15% discount off selected merchandise at Woodson
      Motorsports, access to a fun group of BMW riders, and a wealth of
      information covering everything from BMW technical discussions to the
      finest eateries in the area and how best to get there.

      Summit City Beemers Web Site-to access the web site go to Yahoo Groups
      and type in SCBeemers or use the following address:
      "calendar" as Steve Tumbleson has posted some events and dates for us.

      Membership Status:
      · Paid members stand now at 23. SCB Mailing List totals 31.

      Treasurer's Report: The Summit City Beemers currently have 23 paid
      members and $282.77 in our bank account. The club expenses for the
      Silver Lake Cook-out were $154.55.

      The next club meeting is scheduled for Saturday November 12, 9:00AM at
      Sarah's Restaurant in the Village of Coventry (near the McDonald's at
      I-69 and US 24-exit 102).

      The meeting was adjourned at 11:10AM.

      Submitted by Doug Randol, Secretary/Treasurer